#1 Kitty 1

Kitty 1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hi
Very new to all this...so pls bear with me!! after many late night debates as to where we should go on our much needed girlie holiday..we finally settled on Crete! Ohhh the delights of the internet....we narrowed it down to a place called Sissi...supposedly a qaint & quiet fishing village, perfect for a de- stressing week!
We are 2 professional 40 'something' women, who are leaving the boys behind, for a week of sun sea sand 'sangria' and who knows what!!!
Has anyone been there, can anyone recommend some lovely places to chill, eat and people watch!!!
My only experience of Greece so far was a family hol to Zante a few years ago....i was not impressed! I have heard that Crete is beautiful, and has to be on your 'to do list' before you meet your maker!!!
Hope someone can help!!

#2 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:35 PM

Welcome Kitty 1 to the website, :D I've no doubt you will get loads of information from the forum users and it's funny that you've joined at this time !!!! just as I have just posted a thread regarding new members and I know I'm being cheeky but would you kindly do a blog upon your return just so that we can see if you have experienced the good or bad things you may have been told about by the other forum members. B) :D

Crete certainly is one of the "Things to do before you pop your clogs", and don't be too worried if she grabs your heart because the lsland captivates everyone who sets foot on her !!! :D so be prepared for many more visits after this one........ your in for a good time.
:D :D
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#3 Kitty 1

Kitty 1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for that, i wil certainly endevour to keep a 'diary' of my time on Crete.....as for 'blog..and thread'...i have absolutly no idea what these mean...!!!!! very much a PC virgin...thats what a fantasic admin support if for at work!!!!!

#4 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:27 PM

Hi, Kitty and welcome. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time in Sissi, we spent a few days there in May and it is a lovely place.

I suggest you do a search on the main site for Sissi - there's a couple of articles there that will whet your appetite.

As regards places to eat etc, I'm afraid I'm very bad at names, but we had a couple of meals at the taverna right on the end of the road by the harbour, where the food was good and the service very friendly. However, anywhere on the harbour front is a lovely spot to sit and watch the world go by and the ducks going about their business in the harbour.

Enjoy!

#5 bu67

bu67

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

My wife & I spent a couple of nights in Sissi in June 2005. We stayed at the Hotel Angela. We really enjoyed our stay in Sissi and were glad to get away from the loud and crowded places like Mallia & Hersonissos.

The website for the Angela is: http://www.angelahotels.gr/
I hope this helps. Fortunately, Sissi is still small enough to enjoy. Back in 1969 & 1970, a couple of my U. S. Air Force friends used to go scuba diving out of the Sissi harbor. It was a VERY QUIET and sleepy place then. No hotels, no development. Ah, those were the good old days! B)

Jeff
Texas USA

#6 yvonnetp

yvonnetp

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

Welcome from myself Kitty. Sissi is a lovely place to go, we have only ever had a short trips (a couple of hours) to visit the Estate Agent, so I can't recommend anything to you.

As a reasonably new member I have yet to start a blog, however I get the hint Santo. I am going to Koutouloufari on Tuesday (6 more sleeps) and will start my blog when I return, with an update on how the renovations of the house in Latsida are coming together.

Yvonne B)

#7 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:23 AM

B) :D :D :D :D
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#8 Kitty 1

Kitty 1

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:03 PM

HI everyone...well it's the night before our great adventure!!!! The wine is already flowing and greek olives eaten to get us in the mood!!!!
I have cast off the work suit, dumped the diary and placed my mobile in the safe custody of the dog bed!!!
Yahoo....this time tomorrow i shall be sipping somthing nice, sat by the harbour watching the world go by!!! Thanks to all who gave me tips, ideas and general encouragement!! Watch this space on my return!!!!

Kitty xx