7 replies to this topic

#1 mythos

mythos

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:24 PM

Live here in Crete, for the past 5 years, and only now have I found a decent Forum.

Ok, various other sites for the un-educated and those who love to diss Crete (Even if they live elsewhere)

Shall try to negotiate the various area of this site, and in time maybe I shall post some questions and also answer some posts.

Hot this year isn`t it? :D :D :) :D

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

There was a recent thread discussing the quality of this forum so it is great to see that your comments echo the thoughts of many of us. We look forward to hearing more from you and I really look forward to experiencing a bit of your heat soon!
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 mythos

mythos

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 09:45 PM

Well got that reply wrong,(Sent it as a complaint) :D :D

Just glad there are people here who love this island as much as I do, maybe not to keep as it has been for so many years but just accept that times have to change, worldwide, but please do not destroy the traditions of Crete.

After all we love to watch the Greek dancers, their flair, their love of life, the passion they have for their country, even if we are only here for two weeks as tourists.

We take all this back to our own countries, with fond memories and the love of a country that will never die.

#4 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:07 PM

Bravo Mythos!And welcome!
You will find there are many here who are deeply in love with Crete,for whatever reason.
Bunch of Saddo's that we are,many of us fell in love years back and just cant get it out of our hearts!
But,--if you must fall in love,what better place can there be?Steve B.

#5 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:12 PM

What thread are you referring to Yvonne?

And welcome Mythos, have you nicknamed yourself after the beer or was it after the underlying set of beleives in the supernatural ;)

Wim ;)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#6 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

you know Wim the one where we always go off track ;) ;) :P got to keep up with the threads sunshine ;)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#7 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:23 PM

Yep Santo, I love to go off track too ;) it helps you to find new adventures and views that keep you keen!!

Wim ;)

Are we off track now?
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#8 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:31 PM

DEFINATELY my friend ;) ;) ;)

How's the weather ????
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.