No replies to this topic

#1 CRETELOVER68

CRETELOVER68

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:26 PM

:) Rodaria Taverna in Georgioupolis is a lovely place and cheap for staying too. Nikos and his family offer lovely self catering apartments for 35euros a day for 2 people or 25euros a day for 1 person.
We got to Georgioupolis early in morning, as we had taken the overnight ferry from Pireaus to Rethymnon with Anek lines, which are superb and cheap.
After arriving Nikos greeted us warmly and showed us to the apartment. It was lovely with a balcony with superb mountain views.
The Taverna restaurant at the front that Nikos and his family own, serves superb food. You can sit and watch and watch the world go by. The family are warm and friendly and grandad was a star; although my greek is a little sparse he chatted away to me like I was an old family friend
Georgioupolis is a wonderful place to stay it has everything My husband would go in mornings to bakery and local shop and get the breakfast and we sit and chill out.
An excellent bar is Titos in the square. The boys are so much fun and make you feel at ease. The whole of Georgioupolis has a relaxing yet warm and friendly atmosphere, there is nothing like a Greek welcome and the hospitality was genuine, the food was cheap but beware of the home made Raki. We spent an evening at mama's place, opposite the Rodaria, and I was talking in German when I left seems my german is fine when I am worse for ware lol :D
The best thing to do is hire a car and fill the tank get in and just drive. The scenery is amazing and we stopped in many different places and spent lovely times with the locals.
Unlike most places, the true Crete people welcome you with open arms. They are not after your money, they give friendship and a lasting memory of a wonderful Island

10 out of 10 for the apartment
10 out of 10 for the cleanliness
10 out of 10 for the hospitality
10 out of 10 for the food