#1 chka

chka

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:44 PM

Hi all,

Can anybody what kind of weather will be that time ih Hersonisos? :-) I think it will be a bit out of season...

Other question - is it possible to meet local girls? or it is just irish, english turists over there? :-)
What are they - greek girls? never heard of them :-)

#2 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 03:54 PM

I've been to Crete, though not Hersonissus a couple of times at that time of year and it can be very good weather, but you may get the odd cloudy day and probably need a light sweater in the evening. Can't answer your query about girls, but I suspect trying to chat up a local girl might be a bit dodgy.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and have a good time.

#3 chka

chka

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:24 PM

thank you fo reply Pam! :-)

Dodgy? why? if women here discuss greek men breaking hearts of tourist women why nobody dicuss here greek girls? Or they so traditional that sit closed at homes? :-)

#4 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

welcome to the explorecrete forum chka, the weather can change as we all know but it's pretty much like Pam say's, there are plenty of Beach road bars and clubs in Hersonnissos and you will get a mix although predominately English and Irish but also Swedish and Danish. :unsure: :blink: :o

I would consider the approach to any greek ladies a no no unless you are being friendly and courteous, anything else "forget it" their boyfriends/husbands are not too tactful where tourists are concerned and if they're not attached they wouldn't be interested in you anyway.

But you will have a great time :rolleyes: <_<
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#5 chka

chka

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:34 PM

hm... sounds sad :-)

a lot of irish girls here in dublin... I thought to find something more exotic over there... :-))

#6 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:48 PM

CRETE IS EXOTIC :rolleyes: <_< :unsure: :blink:
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#7 chka

chka

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 04:58 PM

I am too young - still interested in women :-)))

Ideally it would be nice to meet local girl who will be my guide in exotic Crete :-)

But we do not live in ideal world :-)))

#8 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:15 PM

I may be out of date, but I remember having discussions with Greek friends on this. It seems there is somwhat of a double standard here whereby Greek parents are happy for their sons to make advances to foreign tourists, viewing it as part of their growing up, but are not happy for their daughters to get involved with foreigners. However, times move on, so maybe one of the Greek members of this site would like to comment.

Of course, as Santo has said, you should still be friendly and courteous to any Greek female you meet, but anything beyond is probably unwise.

#9 chka

chka

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 05:31 PM

hm... Greek parents? at what age greek women can be considered be adult and not to worry what her parents think? :-) I am 33 and not interested in anybody younger then 25 :-) Or at this age greek girls still groing up? :-) Or mabe opposit - they all get married already at this age? :-)

Anyway I was not going to be unpolite or anything... I just was wandering why nobody discussed greek women here... Now I got impression thta Greece is actually very traditional place...

#10 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:00 PM

CHKA,

I would advise you to start reading the article "Crete Basic Facts" that Yannis has put on the first page of this website. It is very informative and will help you to get an idea about Crete.

The fact that we never discuss Cretan woman here is basically because we never discuss woman, unless they are a forum member and celebrating their birthday, or something like that.

We are not into "that" kind of holiday activities either. Woman are nice but one doesn't go to Crete for that purpose.

I saw you also posted in our "Meet in Crete" topic and I'm sure that lots of "willing" young girls are dying to meet you in Chersonnisos after the holiday season. <_<

Keep it up :rolleyes:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#11 chka

chka

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:41 PM

Yes.. it seems to be wrong forum... :-) Either teenagers ether someone opposite :-)

life is difficult :-)

#12 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 11:22 PM

....................beware of the Danish women :rolleyes:
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#13 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:44 AM

Dave, consider yourself slapped! <_< There goes my chance of meeting a nice, young Irish gentleman! :unsure:

Ckha, maybe a second look at "My big, fat, Greek wedding" could be useful before coming to Crete? :rolleyes:

#14 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:10 AM

Irish :rolleyes:

<_<
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#15 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:37 PM

I don't think that the Welsh boys who travel to Dublin for the rugby would agree about your comments about Irish girls!! Not that their attraction deflects from the rugby in any way of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You may also find some very interesting Russian women in Crete!! But, aren't all women you meet on holiday exotic and exciting? Enjoy yourself but beware of the fathers, brothers, uncles and cousins!!!!!!!
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!