#1 Yorgos

Yorgos

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:19 AM

What happened to Crete Gazette Yannis?

We have had no update on options to subscribe for on line delivery and there has been no update on the web-site of http://www.cretegazette.com .

Was it published as a hard copy in July? There are quite a few addicts of your Gazette Yannis living away from Crete who would dearly like to continue getting their updates about life in Crete.

So please Yannis, can we have an update.

Best Regards

Yorgos

#2 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:24 AM

I am also wondering about what is happening to the Crete Gazette, but think that Yannis may have been struggling getting the forum/blogs back, up and running after the recent problems with hackers/spammers. I think that like you Yorgos, I would be quite willing to subscribe to an on-line or even hard copy of the Gazette.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#3 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:39 AM

I agree with you guys I'd be happy to subscribe, I also think the same as you Dave in that Yannis is probably tidying up the mess left by the hacker <_< :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#4 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 02:00 PM

It looks like there is a solution that will allow the Crete Gazette to exist in the future. I have been talking to various people recently and the Crete Gazette will be supported by sponsors and custom printed for them. The online version will be available as well.
There are various arrangements that need to be finalised yet, but hopefully everything will be done by the end of this month, so it is not unlikely that the next issue of the Crete Gazette magazine will be online in the beginning or middle of August.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#5 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

Thanks Yannis. I know that you have a lot going on at the moment with the site and don't know how you find the time to do as much as you do. I look forward to seeing the 'new' on line version and to reading the printed version when I next come to Crete in the not too distant future.(but it is still too far away!!).
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#6 Yorgos

Yorgos

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 03:01 AM

Thanks Yannis, and sorry for not noticing earlier your advice.

I am looking forward to seeing again your fine publication.

#7 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:52 PM

An important announcement for the future of Crete Gazette. Click here to read it: http://www.cretegazette.com
Yannis Samatas
webmaster