#1 bowarsaw

bowarsaw

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:58 PM

How are you
I am thinkg to relocate to Chania and all this Estate Agency in town are dealing with Summer Houses and that is not what I would like to buy. I want to live very close to Chania. If anyone could give me any tips, tel num to Agencys or stuff like this, that will be so nice.
Would love to get in touch with people who live in Chania or near by.

ANDRZEJ

#2 malgosia

malgosia

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:12 PM

Czesc Andrzeju,

We've been living in Chania since the end of April. I can check some real estate agencies if you would like to. Please write me at [email protected] with more details what are you looking for.

Malgosia

Cafe Vafe

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:58 AM

I don't really get it Bo in Warsaw.
Unless of course you want a personal advise from somedbody at this board there is a far better possibility and that is Google. If you type "crete business for sale" a plethora of possibilties/offers are shown.

Good hunting <_<
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 bowarsaw

bowarsaw

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:18 AM

Thanks guys. I did Google and another ones and there is so much but still this holday houses. I would rather get local Agencys. Anyway, thanks again

ANDRZEJ

BO thats just nick name and I still ive in Warsaw

Andrzej

#5 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:28 AM

Well Andrzej,

If you really want to establish a business in Crete you have to dig in deeper.
Lot of agents that handle houses also "do" businesses. But you have to make time for it. I'd advise you to take at least one year for investigating the opportunities. Start with reading "living in crete" and then wonder if you still want to relocate.

Be wise <_<
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#6 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:56 AM

Hi Andrzej

There are quite a few estate agents in Chania selling 'normal' houses (and businesses) in the town and in the west of Crete generally.

But don't just use the Internet - go there for a period (a few days, a week, a month), rent a room or an apartment, and have a good look at the properties (and businesses) that may interest you.

Finally: you will need a good English-speaking (if you are comfortable in that language) lawyer. Don't leave Crete without one.

Good luck,

Henry.

#7 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

Naturally, the second step is to exercise what Henry wrote.
I lived a while in Crete too and mind you that's a different peace of cake than beeing on a holiday. <_<

Be informed :rolleyes:

#8 bowarsaw

bowarsaw

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 05:25 PM

Being honest my plan is to buy a house or rather a land and then when I am actually there, I will do rest like buisness or job or anything. That is what I do everytime I relocate somewhere.

I have been in Chania 2 times and everytime I like it more. I like the size of it. I want to come back in November and then in the begining of next year. For now I have to get an idea how much plot of land could cost me and work out with my finances
Things will tourn out right at some point :-))))

ANDRZEJ
P.S.
Thanks, one more time

What can you tell me about Creatan then

ADNRZEJ

#9 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 12:15 AM

I rest my case B)