#1 nickynoo

nickynoo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 02:48 PM

Hi all!

Me and my partner are getting married in Hersonissos in the middle of May. Cant wait!!!! Its like a holiday/wedding/honeymoon thing going on! There are about 60 people also coming over to join us. We are thinking about having the wedding meal in the hotel that we are staying in (Royal knossos village) but we are thinking of other options as well?? Any other good restaurants that will cater for a wedding party for either the actual wedding meal (the wedding is at 3pm in the afternoon) or later on in the night for like a party. I would like to do or to have something traditional like greek dancers or something like that? Are there any traditional things that happen at a Greek wedding??

Nickynoo
:) :lol: :lol:

#2 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:27 PM

Do you mean that you are getting married in 20 days and you still haven't arranged the wedding reception?
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#3 nickynoo

nickynoo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:40 PM

Hello...

Well we sort have. The hotel has arranged with the registrar from the town hall to come out on the 26 th of May and we have been told can get married anywhere in the hotel as long as its not by the church that is there. They have sent us sample menus via emails but we both arent that keen on what they have sent (even though they do sound nice). The greek menu does sound nice but im abit unsure whether it would be to everyones taste. There are young children going as well. I dont mind as I love my food as does my partner! We have been corresponding to the hotel via email and occassional telephone calls. We are arriving there on the 16th of may and the hotel have said we will meet up the day after to finalise arrangements for wedding reception/meal etc. We have everything else sorted (documents legalised and translated) though! I just wanted something a bit different, whether it be a bit of traditional greek music or dancers and so on..

Nickynooxxx

:lol: :) :lol:

#4 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:46 PM

where are you travelling from nickynoo, i arrive on the 16th and would like to wish you all the best. :) :lol:
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#5 nickynoo

nickynoo

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 05:54 PM

Hello... Thanks for the best wishes!!!!!XXXXX

Im travelling from Manchester with first choice, on an early 7 o clock in the morning flight! Are travelling from the North? Have you been before...It will be my first time in crete, am really looking forward to it!

nickynooxxxxxxxxx :)

#6 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

Best wishes to you both for a lovely day.
As for what happens at a traditional Greek wedding...beware. Rumour has it that Cretan males enjoy showing their support and happiness for the couple by discharging their pistols at the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you can have a look at the video/CD of the film My Big Fat Greek Wedding. It is good fun although I don't know how true a picture it paints.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#7 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:51 AM

Nicky,
you may ask your hotel to arrange a performance with Greek dancers for you. It won't be a problem for the hotel, other than the extra cost.
However, big hotels like the one you will stay in, have a music night once a week with Greek and Cretan dances. If you can have your wedding reception one of these nights, it will be more convenient and cost-effective
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#8 Nick

Nick

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

All the best 2 u!!!

Your hotel organises often wedding events and i'm sure they can do anything for u!
Make sure there will be a lot of boose :)

#9 willtam

willtam

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:40 PM

good luck with ur weddin mines at end of june in vegas!!!!!!!! we did want to do it in hersonissos but i fancied the little white chapel!gettin scared now!any way we r plannin to go hersonissos in sept if we can afford or win big in vegas hahahaha we can all dream

#10 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:47 PM

Hiya Nickynoo
I just wanted to wish you all the very best for your wedding. Andy and I had a blast when we got married in Crete. Great memories and not a cloud in the sky on our wedding pictures :) Good choice.
:P