9 replies to this topic

#1 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 03:28 AM

Hi, anyone going to be in koutouloufari or hersonissos in the 2nnd week of june?

#2 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:48 PM

Emily, if everything goes to plan or not ???? i could still be there in Crete when you arrive in June, if that is the case then i will certainly tie up with you during your visit.
i don't see why this website can't produce a party a month for it's users between May and Sept.
B) :D :) :)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#3 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:03 AM

sounds good to me, let me know if you are going to be there. You gave me some good tips about koutouloufari last year so think I still have your phone number so might call you again for more tips! Cant wait only 9 weeks to go!!! The party is an excellent idea, anyone else agree ??

#4 Toni

Toni

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 07:37 PM

Hi, anyone going to be in koutouloufari or hersonissos in the 2nnd week of june?

Hi Emily, we will be arriving in Hersonissos in the early hours of the 10th June and are staying at the Royale House Appartments near the Post Office , we are two females both with families (who are being left at home ) and are on a return visit to Crete to relive our youth !! Maybe see you there !! Toni x :huh:

#5 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:11 PM

Hi Toni, sounds good to me! There are 3 of us going, cant wait. Looking forward to the sun I think, its taking it time to warm up here thats for sure. Have you been before? If so, where did you like to go and what would you recommend?? :)

#6 Toni

Toni

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2006 - 06:49 PM

Hi Emily, yes I have been to Crete 3 times so far , my honeymoon and then with my family a few years later and most recently October 2004 with my great friend Lisa. We left both families at home and had a week in Hersonissos, which despite the weather not being that great( it was Oct) we had a really great time and loads of laughs.

We met some great people in the bars, we particularly liked an Irish bar called Players where we had some real laughs with the barstaff, it was much quieter by that time of year so they were able to relax and talk and ply us with plenty of free drinks etc. they also were the cheapest bar that we found having a permanent 2 for 1 policy on drinks.

There was one bar we didn't really like that was the Tiger bar , we got literally dragged in there by the blokes outside but we left quite quickly , they have a 3 for 1 drinks policy which we were not told so ordered 2 brandy and cokes and got 6 and were then charged 3 times what we were paying in Players so that was abit steep,it was very loud and the loo floors were swimmimg so a bit disgusting but hey the bar was packed so plenty of people loved it there and maybe we were just too old ??

We are doing the same again as I said in June and just hope that the weather will be with us this time as I'm sure it will !! It depends on your ages as to what sort of bars you might like but there was a great mix, we are both 36 but still full of life and fun , we intend to relax by the pool or the beach, get a tan, find a good reataurant and have a nice meal,preferably the more traditionally Greek places that might do some Greek dancing or plate smashing etc. anything for a giggle :) ,and then hit the town and have a few drinks.

We don't plan on doing too much sightseeing as this is supposed to be a very relaxing lazy holiday, but saying that there are lots of things to see but I have seen lots before. We have said that we will do the Happy Train Tour on the first morning just to get a good look around the resort without having to walk it all , hopefully spotting good restaurants or new bars to visit on the way,then if we don't walk all over the place during the week we won't feel too guilty......

Starbeach waterpark could also be an option for a day.....might consider a trip eg. bbq cruise or something like that , but they can be pretty pricey so will just wait and see. Where are you staying and what sort of things do you plan, have you been before etc? is your group all female or mixed ? when do you actually arrive and from which airport? Bye for now,Toni. :P

#7 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:41 AM

We are staying in Koutouloufari, but like last year I think we will spend a lot of time in Hersonnissos. Koutouloufari is a lovely little village, very traditional with somes lovely little restaurants and tavernas. We all want to go on the happy train too! Didnt do it last year, but it does look good fun. We will also be going to star beach. Last year my friend and I went on the ring things. We ached for days after :) Will definitely be doing that again though! There are 3 of us going and we are about the same age as you. Will have to try some of the clubs in Hersonissos because last year we were pretty bad and couldnt last the night because we started too early :P Maybe its our age, cant party like I used too. Maybe we will see you there. You will have to let me know what club/bars you are most likely to be in.

#8 Toni

Toni

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 11:47 PM

Hi Emily , only a week to go now !! What date do you arrive? We have just found out that a friend/barman we met last time and have kept in touch with is not working in Players anymore but is behind the bar in a 'poolbar' in some nice appts. in Koutouloufari , only thing is he didn't give the name,any ideas,is it a big place or are we likely to come across him if we have a nosy around? Although we did last the pace last time much to my surprise and were out 'til around 5am I think this time we might slow it down a little as we were both in need of a rest when we returned home!! We're not really into clubs but prefered bars/tavernas , most likely on the main street or off down towards the harbour , quite enjoyed the Irish bars , hope to find some nice restaurants , have read good reviews on a couple up where you will be so might try them . We will probably try starbeach this time too ,sounds like great fun , will listen out for anyone drunkenly calling for Emily while we're there then............maybe see you , have a great time,Toni.

#9 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 12:13 AM

We are flying out on 13th June. Koutouloufari is not very big. The appartment complex we are staying in is one of the biggest so I wonder if he works there? Marni Vilage. What is his name and I will find out about him? You will probably find us in a small bar called Dionnysis early evenings so drop by and say hi. We can always arrange to meet you some time. The best restaurants we found in Kotouloufari were Galini and Patriko's. I left a review last year. Well my friend and I did. Definitely try them and head up to Koutouloufari for at least the start of the evening it is a lovely traditional village with lovely bars and restaurants. Going to Galini the first night to see old friends, the bar I mentioned had a nice bar manager too, he was dutch and had moved to Crete with his wife over a year ago. Like you we enjoyed the bars/tavernas more than the clubs so will be mostly in them. As for the drunken shouts of "Emily" that sounds about right especially if we hit the wine and raki early on in the evening :D I am so looking forward to a week away in the sun with lots of fun. Definitely doing star beach again it was great fun, especially the rings!! Though you end up aching for days after and comer off looking like a drowned rat :)
Lets try and arrange to meet up it will be nice to make some new friends.

#10 Toni

Toni

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 03:20 PM

Sounds good to me....... Our friend is from Slovenia and his name is Ilija,around age 27 , tall and speaks English well , he's lived in Crete for a few years now,nice bloke. We had heard of the Galini restaurant through reviews so will try it out , we had thought that the idea of maybe eating up in the village and then going back down to the bars sounded like a good night so will look out for you , where are you all from? There are probably more youngsters there than our age so I'm sure you will spot us wandering around , we're both blonde and not skinny !! Hope to see you there,Toni. :rolleyes: