79 replies to this topic

#61 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 10:29 PM

Thank you Ton for your kind invitation. I will certainly do that.
I'll drink a jenever to the health of you all. Be sure to make some nice pics of this get to gether :rolleyes:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#62 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 05:58 PM

And for the "early arrivals"... here is the way to the Pitsidia Terrace, map attached! As for the "shaky lines", they have nothing to do with early consumption of raki, they actually depict the exact way Pitsidia roads are made! :lol:

So, Pam & Co. are settled, Santo & Co. are settled, Yannis will probably not have problems in finding a place since he speaks the language and probably has a lot of connections (and you weren't dreaming about finding the way back to Heraklion after this party, were you?), Ton has NO problem whatsoever... I'd say that accomodation is in place for all.

As for the restaurant: Could we agree about the "Mare Mare" in Matala provided that I prepare the owner the day before about our arrival and that is: 1) Some of us would like some good fish (and he should therefore have some in store!!), 2) Some of us would like to choose whatever is on the menu, 3) Some of us likes vegetarian (and therefore Mom will have to prepare some of her good homemade stuff), 4) Some of us would hate if the dishes contain onions or garlic (must be remembered by Mom when she starts preparing).... Anything else to remember? Or do you totally disagree with the place? (I would like Santo to be in Matala, it will be easier to carry him back to his room whenever he gives in to the raki, ehehhe).

Afterwards, I have booked the terrace overlooking the sea at Linda & Kosta's bar in Matala - and if it should be too windy (you never know here!) they'll fix a table for us inside.

That's it, folks. Shoot! :)

Attached File  PITSIDIA_TERRACE.ppt   33KB   24 downloads

P.S. I forgot to emphasize this: Don't dream about parking on Isabella's parking place... unless you want to see a Greek Kalashnikov in function... ;-)
P.P.S.: I also forgot about Antero: Will you need accomodation? Should I fix a room for you over the bar where also Linda & Santo has a room?

#63 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for all this Dinny and I'm sure we can find it - map looks simple enough. We'll probably get a bus or taxi up from Matala so Bob can relax and enjoy a few beers. Mare Mare also sounds great and we'll give it a try before the 20th as we'll be there a few days before.

Can't wait, although the weather seems to be improving here finally, but being stuck on my computer most of the day not much good for me! Two weeks and one day to go (not that I'm counting).

#64 Antero

Antero

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:14 PM

"P.P.S.: I also forgot about Antero: Will you need accomodation? Should I fix a room for you over the bar where also Linda & Santo has a room?"

:) ... I'am the smallest...............
András

#65 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

Just checking - I see the map to Dinny's place has been downloaded 17 times! Just how many people are coming to this party? Or can Dinny expect a number of other vistors over the season!

#66 Antero

Antero

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 09:56 PM

poor Dinny....
András

#67 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:05 AM

Pam, the world is (luckily) full of curious people. As far as I know we are only expected to be something like 8 people, but the more the merrier! :D

Don't feel sorry for me, Antero! I'm quite sporty: Anybody who shows up on my terrace with a print of this excellent and accurate map will be offered a raki as a reward! :D :D :D :)

QUOTE/

:( ... I'am the smallest...............

--------------------

Andras
UNQUOTE//

It's OK, Andras.... I can get you a small room.... :P

#68 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 10:54 PM

I have just realised that now I have arrived back in the very warm and sunny UK (no it is true!!) you are all gearing up for the Pitsidia party on the 20th.

We didn't bring any Raki back with us but we will raise a glass of wine to you instead.

I look forward to the various after the party reports!!

Best wishes Yvonne
Kritsa Yvonne

#69 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:04 PM

I'm in the process of updating you all with my Blog on the party and my trip to Crete with photo's and would ask that your patient, i have arrived back at work to find that the workforce at my site of 4 is now 2 due to the companies instigation of random drug testing, so to say my head is up my A*** is an understatement.
:D :) :D
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#70 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:27 PM

50% reduction in Manpower and I bet they want you to do also their job without additional pay!!! Perhaps management is running out of ideas on how to lay off people and they are introducing inovative random drug testing as a castigation to the workforce unions. I am wandering how many millions your management paid a consultant to come up with this idea. But Iam wandering how do they do it? Do they actually ask the employees to supply urine or maybe suck some additional blood from them for analysis?
There is no surprise to me that mental institutions are all fully booked worldwide.

#71 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 02:51 PM

perhaps they thought i had to much time on my hands eh Ton ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha, :D
and in case your mind agrees I'm having a very late lunch break.
:) :D
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#72 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:02 PM

Hahhahaha Santo No! No! u just got spoiled in Crete for a few days and now back in the grind stone... a little bit like the joke with Bill Gates and the screensaver!!! hahahahahaha

#73 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:11 PM

spoiled is an understatement Ton, always takes me a few days to aclimatise.....................especially with the views i had been treated to, you were lucky to get rid of me :) :D :D
take care my friend i will chat soon.
:D
Santo

#74 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 03:20 PM

Hi, Santo sorry to hear about your work state. Glad to say I'm not in the same situtaion - my projects had been very capably looked after while I was away. However, I have to say my heart isn't in the work, sitting at the computer but my head is still full of Crete and all we saw and I'm spending too much time visiting this site and some property sites dreaming of moving over. Oh well, weekend soon and maybe the lottery will come up!!

#75 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 06:51 PM

Oh, it's good to see everybody so active here! Another person - grrr, ME! - have had so much work to do, that even if I was extremely happy to see the forum back on track, I have actually had very few minutes to check what was going on.

Today I finished a big project and decided to take the day off tomorrow!! And while I thought that I had better send a PM to Santo in inquire whether he was well back in UK again I find that you have all been chitchatting here for days! Oh yes, the hard work!!! :)

I am looking very much forward to Santo updating his blog, actually I just wondered if anybody took some pictures? I don't remember at all !!! (Raki has this effect on me!). So in case I have forgotten other things it will be reassuring to see the photos from the party .... or will it? :D

#76 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 12:48 AM

Oh Santo!!!! I thought that we were going to be treated to pictures of Crete and the party. I guess from the content of your previous 'postings' that what we are going to see are the pictures of what you saw when your head was up your a.......!!!!!!!!!!! The mind boggles!!! Medical research will surely be the winner!!!!Can we stick to the pictures of the party and your journey around the island. :lol: :rolleyes: :D
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#77 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:37 PM

Give him a break it takes him few days to develop the pictures. Besides he is still digesting the lobsters he ate together with Dinny. They were so much deeped in Garlic hair grew out of his ears the next day!!! I don't know about Dinny... it seems she is used to Cretan Garlic Lobsters. It was obvious that Santo had no experience with eating Lobsters since Bob cleaned from Santo's plate all leftover lobster parts. :rolleyes: :lol: :D

#78 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:04 PM

Bravo, Santo! :D

I have been browsing your "memories" in the Gallery and enjoyed all the photos, specially Bob enjoying the remainings of the crayfish! And I can see why you have grinded so many chilometres during your vacation, you have been just about everywhere!!!

Looking forward to a new party on your next arrival here! :blink:

#79 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 01:34 PM

Dinny, the pleasure was indeed all mine and trust me I will be back and we will have another party and hopefully those that could'nt make it to this one will make the next one, and if not the next one after that etc,etc.
:D :blink:
Santo

#80 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 10:07 AM

Santo,
a request from someone who had to work that day and missed the party in Matala:
your photos are great but you should replace the photo numbers with captions that will help us to know who is who in each photo. Click on each photo and the click on EDIT and replace the photo number (eg. SV300247.jpg) with the right caption.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster