#21 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Early afternoon, i was thinking of kicking the day off with Breakfast :P :P

only joking (am i ???) i will be over in the afternoon, I won't pass up a drink on the "terrace", and as Pam said send us address details via pm nearer the date and anything else you would like from the UK.
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#22 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:03 PM

Dinny, that's absolutely fine, though will need more detailed directions for your house but plenty of time for that. Anything you would like us to bring for you from England?

Thanks, Pam, no need to worry about bringing anything - Crete is offering anything I could ever want from life! Looking forward to meeting you all. :(

Early afternoon, i was thinking of kicking the day off with Breakfast :P :P

only joking (am i ???) i will be over in the afternoon, I won't pass up a drink on the "terrace", and as Pam said send us address details via pm nearer the date and anything else you would like from the UK.

hehehehe, you shall be welcome for breakfast... meaning that you should leave Rethymno area around what? 7 am??? Let's make it brunch or snacks whenever it's convenient for you. I won't have any problems, I live here you know, so if pajamas is allowed you can drop by anytime :D

#23 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:30 AM

I wont be there until 12th June, anyone still about or going to be there in June, would like to meet some new friends <_<

#24 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:59 AM

Emily,
Yannis is always here. So is Dinny and a few others...

Dinny,
you have mentioned "dinner at Matala". Is there a new, nice restaurant there or should we head to the trusted options in Sivas or Kalamaki?
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#25 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:33 AM

Emily,
Yannis is always here. So is Dinny and a few others...

Dinny,
you have mentioned "dinner at Matala". Is there a new, nice restaurant there or should we head to the trusted options in Sivas or Kalamaki?

I intend to check ALL the restaurants in Matala before this BIG event - new owners, new cooks, new restaurants, whatever - to be sure to find a good place. Otherwise we could go up to Vrahos were we had lunch, during tourist season they have a great variety of fish and also meat and of course all this vegetables-stuff one can't avoid. :( And then also the fantastic view over the bay. (I'm aiming at avoiding too much driving around, I know Greeks down here consider it a question of pride to be able to drive around drunk, but no need to look for trouble, don't you agree?) <_<

#26 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:10 PM

I agree dinny, i or linda will not be driving i'm going to have trouble putting one leg in front of the other let alone three pedals to negotiate.............not fussed where we go (location wise) as long as the food is good.
<_< :( :(
and there's a reasonable chance of getting a cab. hehehe
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#27 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 04:40 PM

It's OK they all know Dinny in Pitsidia& Matala!!! ....but yes some instructions on how to get to your place Dinny will be helpful.

#28 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:02 PM

It's OK they all know Dinny in Pitsidia& Matala!!! ....but yes some instructions on how to get to your place Dinny will be helpful.

You're right, Ton, and I shall be producing a map in due time. Anyway, by the time you get to Pitsidia I am sure that you will just have to listen carefully to find us, since Santo and Linda will be arriving quite early, Pam & mate will already be here, and we are not planning to sip lemon soda while waiting for the rest of you. <_<

#29 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 06:48 PM

Well, certainly not lemon soda, though as it looks like being a long day and night, I may well have the odd Greek lemonade to water the rest down. I do like Greek lemonade - it actually tastes of lemons as opposed to the rubbish we get here. By the way, my husband's name is Bob and he's as much a fan of Crete as myself, but I'm the one with access to a computer.

#30 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:02 PM

Just think of all the new photo's, restaurant and hotel reviews that will be added to this website after the party. !!!!! I'm sure dinny would be happy (as the organiser) to download the relevant photo's from our camera's (suitably edited of course).
<_< :( :( :D
Santo

#31 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 08:01 PM

Pam i 'm looking forward to seeing you both and hope that Bob is not a gooner !!!! as i'm a tottingham supporter, but hell we're on holiday and enjoying the company of others so let's just partyyyyyyyyyyy
<_< :( :(
Santo

#32 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 09:20 PM

Santo, as it happens neither of us are football fans, quite the opposite, so no problems there. Bob enjoys rugby and has caught most of the 6 nations matches, but we're not sporty people.

Don't know about photographs as we don't even have an electronic camera, but maybe Bob will do some drawing or painting while we're there which I can scan in - he's a good artist.

#33 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 11:29 PM

Just think of all the new photo's, restaurant and hotel reviews that will be added to this website after the party. !!!!! I'm sure dinny would be happy (as the organiser) to download the relevant photo's from our camera's (suitably edited of course).
<_< :( :( :D

I like the casual way you're throwing in that "Dinny as an organiser" will happily do this or that... ehehhehhe, well, actually I think it's quite fun organising a party which came out of the blue, so anybody else have request for the area please come forward, don't leave everything to Santo, once he's got his finger on the trigger there's no way telling how I will come out of this! :D

#34 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 09:20 AM

I guess we all condider you as the organiser Dinny since the party is taking place in Pitsidia and not Rethymnon. By the way I have heard that in Pitsidia village there is a renovated by stone old mill which is owned by a Norwegian lady and serves now as a bar and party place. Would that also be something for the party?

#35 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 08:21 PM

I guess we all condider you as the organiser Dinny since the party is taking place in Pitsidia and not Rethymnon. By the way I have heard that in Pitsidia village there is a renovated by stone old mill which is owned by a Norwegian lady and serves now as a bar and party place. Would that also be something for the party?

Ton, I guess the "party" is going to be in Matala, since this is where people will be staying overnight. Pitsidia is just for the early-comers, anyone very welcome on my terrace for a drink or two during the afternoon.

As for Pitsidia I'm not sure which restaurant you are referring to, however, it's not that we really have any here very famous for it excellent food. The same seems to be case for Matala, so we shall probably end up at Vrahos, real close to Matala. Let's see how it evolves, still almost two months to go...

<_<

#36 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 12:43 PM

Being on the island for only two weeks (this time) i'm not fussed where we end up, in fact the best times seem to come when it's last minute..................Linda and myself are really looking forward to this event, also bear in mind there are some of us being plied with drink in the afternoon by our gracious host "The Honourable Dinny", so may not care or even know where we end up after :lol: :D :D :D :D

still trying to think of what else i can delegate to dinny, especially as she'll be near 70 when we appear.
:rolleyes: :D :lol:
Santo

#37 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:04 PM

Since the party is taking place in Matala we should make it a 1960's party i.e dress up as Hippies and play music from the 1960's. If I can finally make it to the party I will bring the appropriate sounds. Just an idea guys!!!

#38 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Since the party is taking place in Matala we should make it a 1960's party i.e dress up as Hippies and play music from the 1960's. If I can finally make it to the party I will bring the appropriate sounds. Just an idea guys!!!

I appreciate the sentiment Ton, not sure my Linda (27) or Yannis remember much about that era

but i think on this one, the fact that a few of us will be meeting face-to-face for the first time conversation is on the cards.
However if it turns into an Annual event (and why not, dinny is a great organiser) then i'm sure dinny would be able to supply the girls with clothes from the era and possibly even music although finding a gramaphone to play the vinyl records on might be a challenge :lol: :D :D :D

xxx these are for you dinny. :rolleyes: :D :lol:
Santo

#39 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 10:54 AM

The idea of dressing up as hippies is fun, the problem is that I hardly remember HOW :D Besides, I've just cut my hair short, so won't be able to put flowers and tinkle-tankle things in it... sigh! But I shall be totally happy to pass an evening with the music, all else is forgotten, but the best music ever is NOT! I'm sure Linda would wish she had been there to enjoy "life in those days" just by listening to the music! I hope Santo will not be offended when she will be asked why the heck she brought her father to the party! :rolleyes:

#40 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:24 AM

Father !!!!!!! :rolleyes: :D :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :lol:

that would certainly sound better than the normal comment of Grandfather !!!!!!!!
Santo