79 replies to this topic

#1 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:01 PM

I'm in Platanes (Nr Rythemnon) and i've arranged to see our favourite mediator Dinny so if any of you that live there are also available for a few raki's and a catch up of the Island i would be honoured, any members of this site on holiday at the same time also welcome. send me a pm and we'll tie up with dates.

:rolleyes: B) :unsure: :unsure: :P :P :P
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#2 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:58 PM

We'll also be in Crete those two weeks, but travelling about. We'll be staying in Matala for the first few days and then touring the south-east. Have you decided when/where you're meeting Dinny? If you post details on arrangements, we'll try to make it.

#3 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:58 PM

This sounds like a great idea but we will have been and gone by then so you will have to drink a raki for us.

Will it be an engagement party?????????

On the other hand who will be in Crete 20th April to 7th May????

Yvonne
Kritsa Yvonne

#4 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:08 AM

I will...that's for sure...
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#5 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:15 AM

I will...that's for sure...

Our plans are to travel around as well Pam, as i want to show Linda why crete is so special, i have arranged to see dinny on the 21st May in Pitsidia, we can make it a party as i have no problem staying over (in case the raki proves too much), so i suppose this is an invite to all who can make it.....................Yvonne i'm sorry you won't be there, but will have a drink or two on your behalf.
:rolleyes: B) :unsure: :unsure:
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#6 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 11:49 AM

Just suggested to Santo that we could pass the evening in Matala, so we'll only have to carry him up a few stairs to a room over the bar in case five years of absence from raki has made him forget about the effect! :rolleyes:

#7 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:08 PM

Just suggested to Santo that we could pass the evening in Matala, so we'll only have to carry him up a few stairs to a room over the bar in case five years of absence from raki has made him forget about the effect! :rolleyes:

Dinny it might be worth mentioning you have connections that could provide 5 rooms if anyone else is interested in staying over.
Santo

#8 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:30 PM

Sounds good to me - we were intending to stay in Matala until Monday (22nd) anyway. Only 8 weeks to go!

#9 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 12:36 PM

Sounds good to me - we were intending to stay in Matala until Monday (22nd) anyway. Only 8 weeks to go!

that's great, look forward to meeting you then......
:rolleyes: B)
Santo

#10 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:00 PM

May 21st is Saturday, so you may have one more joining your party...
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#11 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 04:24 PM

May 21st is Saturday, so you may have one more joining your party...

????? May 21st is Sunday................

????? May 21st is Sunday................

as Pam is in the area only til 22nd, and dinny is only down the road (permanantly, lucky lady) i'm sure we could bring it forward a day if it suits you better !!!!
Santo

#12 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:17 PM

Well, according to my Calendar 21st is a Sunday. However, it doesn't really matter, we are travelling independently so can be flexible. I'm really looking forward to this, it'll be great meeting people that I feel I've got to know through this site. Oh well, must get on with some work now, rather than dreaming about Crete.

#13 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:32 AM

Santo,
I was wrong about the day. If you could make it on the 20th, it would be more convenient for me.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#14 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 11:26 AM

I'm happy to make it the 20th Yannis and i'm sure the ladies are ok with it too, so we look forward to seeing you...................ps what type of twinings tea are you into now ????
Santo

#15 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:46 PM

Hi all,

needless to say, I would have loved to be with you for this momentous gathering, but I shall be with you in spirit (we are never out of Raki here)!

Have a great time, Henry.

#16 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

Hiya Henry, do you have a supplier in the UK ???? or do you bring loads back with you the thought that i might be able to get some here would help in my re-aquantance of it's healing properties..............a few glasses and you don't bother about how you feel, in fact feeling is the last thing you get. ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,
Santo

#17 Ton

Ton

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:36 PM

Can someone decide the date place and time for this party. Sounds good. I will try to attend. Is Dinny the official organizer?

Ton

#18 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:50 PM

I'm sure dinny would be happy and most able as she will be organising a room for me to stay at................details will be posted for all to see.
Santo

#19 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:28 PM

I'm sure dinny would be happy and most able as she will be organising a room for me to stay at................details will be posted for all to see.

Oh, I'm just back from some work and find I am organising something! That'll be a real challenge, I'm usually so unorganised that I had to move to Crete to find a fitting place for my way of life! :P

So, Saturday 20th of May it is. Whoever comes early in the afternoon: drinks on the terrace in Pitsidia at my house? Meeting in Matala at 20.00 hrs (Greekish) at the Zafiria Internet Cafe, dinner in Matala, and raki at the bar afterwards? I'm arranging a room for Santo & Linda just over the bar with a wake-up view to the sea. Anyone else needs accomodation?

Will this be OK as far as "organising" is concerned? :P

#20 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:45 PM

Dinny, that's absolutely fine, though will need more detailed directions for your house but plenty of time for that. Anything you would like us to bring for you from England?