#1 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:50 PM

Hi Yannis,

For some reason my blog has been "out of service" for the last few days. Maybe I have not been paying attention to it lately, I've been busy working, but now that I would like to write something I cannot get access to the page and neither can friends of mine trying to read it.

Could you please call a carpenter, a building engineer, a locksmith or whatever it takes to open the gate? (As long as it's not an "idraulikos" we need I think there is hope...) Please, please? :unsure:

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:55 PM

Do you remember that DaveW thought you should have a warning for saying nasty things like you can't remember what below freezing means anymore? :unsure:

Perhaps Yannis is feeling kind to us freezing people and decided a mere warning was not enough and took you off line for a few days as a punishment.

OK Yannis she has learnt her lesson give us our Dinny back!

B) Yvonne :D
Kritsa Yvonne

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:08 AM

ExploreCrete has moved to a new server recently and this has created a series of small and big problems. I think I have managed to fix the blogs problem but I would appreciate it if you will report any kind of problems you encounter with the site these days.

A serious problem that 2 users have reported is that when they visit www.explorecrete.com they see nothing but a blank page. Is there any technical expert in here who knows how to solve this problem?
NOTE. The IP has chaged as well as the nameservers.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#4 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 04:04 AM

Yannis,
As you are aware I am no technical expert and the limit of my knowledge is the on/off button. But when you changed something before I couldn't get onto the new page and eventually discovered that it was because I wasn't putting in the / (forward slash) after the explorecrete.com. I doubt it, but could it be something like this? OK, OK. So you have already thought of that........as I said on/off....on/off/...on/off.......Right OK, I think that I had better .... off now.
Regards
:unsure:
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#5 asmar

asmar

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:46 PM

Hi Dave,

Would you please let me know via which ISP are you on the internet (bulldogdsl, BT, wanadoo etc)?
Also if you on the internet via a ADSL connection please do the following and let me know if that solves the problem.

1. Reset your router. If there is no button, just turn it off and then after 3 minutes on.
2. Clear your browser's cache

If the problem remains after 3-4 days please do the following:

1. Click Start - Run and type cmd
2. On the new black DOS window that will pop up type the following:
tracert www.explorecrete.com and paste the output here.

Thanks

PS: Greetings to beautiful Wales :)

Yannis,
As you are aware I am no technical expert and the limit of my knowledge is the on/off button. But when you changed something before I couldn't get onto the new page and eventually discovered that it was because I wasn't putting in the / (forward slash) after the explorecrete.com. I doubt it, but could it be something like this? OK, OK. So you have already thought of that........as I said on/off....on/off/...on/off.......Right OK, I think that I had better .... off now.
Regards
<_<

Stelios A.
climbincrete.com

#6 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:07 AM

Asmar,
Thanks for the posting about getting onto the explorecrete web site but I'm not the one having difficulties. I think it was two other members who reported a problem to Yannis with acces to the site. Hopefully when they read your posting they will contact you with the information requested. That is if Yannis hasn't solved their problem by now. In fact I think that Yannis may be interested. Beautiful Wales it may be but it is quite cold tonight, the local council have been out gritting the roads already, so I think we can expect an even colder night. <_<
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#7 Birgit

Birgit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 01:22 AM

Hi Asmar,

I am one of the unfortunate having difficulties. Here is what I have done until now:
Deleted history in Explorer
Deleted cookies in Explorer
Deleted www.explorecrete.com in "Favourites"
Tried to acces via Google, via other sites who has EC as a link, tried to acces directly by typing ISP

I still get a blank page. I can acces by hitting "Back" and the "Forward" ... and then the page appears. But it isn't funny surfing ExploreCrete that way.

I have now done as you have suggested. I am not sure where you want me to paste the result as all I get is 30 lines saying

* * * Request timed out.

Other suggestions?? Or haven't I don't it right?

I have a broadband internet connection.

Greetings from cold and snowy Denmark
Birgit

Sorry, if there are too many spelling mistakes, but it is not possible for me to get a preview of my post!!!

#8 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 11:17 AM

This is the result of TRACERT from my computer:

Tracing route to explorecrete.com [194.79.31.46]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms SpeedTouch.lan [10.0.0.138]
2 64 ms 60 ms 62 ms athe730e-l0.otenet.net [62.103.3.239]
3 65 ms 65 ms 66 ms vlan32.otenet.net [212.205.223.129]
4 62 ms 63 ms 59 ms 62.103.6.145
5 71 ms 68 ms 70 ms athe-GSRb-po1.otenet.net [62.103.6.4]
6 68 ms 62 ms 68 ms gig7-2-cr02-otenet.ath.OTEGlobe.net [62.75.3.181
]
7 121 ms 119 ms 121 ms pos2-0-cr02.lon.OTEGlobe.net [62.75.4.78]
8 116 ms 117 ms 118 ms linx-gw0.enta.net [195.66.224.151]
9 184 ms 120 ms 114 ms telehouse-east.core.enta.net [84.45.193.195]
10 138 ms 114 ms 116 ms 1000m.hannah.ukcore.ohtele.com [84.45.252.146]
11 121 ms 114 ms 113 ms 2000m.alicer.ukcore.ohtele.com [194.79.31.14]
12 125 ms 113 ms 107 ms virtualmin1.guru-host.com [194.79.31.46]

Trace complete.

Asmar is the administrator of the ExploreCrete server and we are trying to solve the problem that 2 users have reported. I guess what is important from the 'tracert' results is the last line No12.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#9 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:22 PM

I actually only had the problem about not being able to open my blog (which is solved now, thank you) and not receiving alerts when I had received a new PM (I don't know if that has been solved...)

I feel lucky not having to go through whatever you are trying to state above, I haven't understood one bit of it! ;-)

#10 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:40 PM

Well, I'm glad it was not just me having problems - I lost access to all but the first page for a week. Made me quite depressed as I'm afraid I'm one of those people who sneak a look for a few minutes while I'm working and it cheers me up! My problem was finally solved as my company decided to upgrade my PC and the site's's been working fine ever since (lot's of other things haven't, but I won't be boring).
This really is a great site and I keep on finding new things - there's also some really interesting topics at the moment. Anyway, only 10 weeks to go before our next holiday and hopefully just a couple of years before we can move permanently.