7 replies to this topic

#1 fergie003

fergie003

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

In June this year we will be taking our 9th holiday in Crete (love the place) looking for suggestions for
days out off the beaten track.Staying in Stalis & will be hiring a car.1st post and love the site. :)

#2 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:55 AM

Fergie

I would suggest that you head for the south coast,almost any part, but take your time in the mountains whilst crossing to the south. You will find it very different from most of the north.

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 08:33 AM

Hello and welcome to our Forum.
Stalis is very close to Sissi, so the information in this page applies to Stalis as well: http://www.explorecr.../sissi-area.htm

This is a suggested route as well: http://www.explorecr...hi-vrahassi.htm

The south, as Tim has suggested, is a totally different experience and it is definitely worth-visiting.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#4 mfc

mfc

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 11:03 PM

fergie must ask, but are you from black eyed peas, if so wow, any chance of a foto

#5 fergie003

fergie003

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 12:02 AM

fergie must ask, but are you from black eyed peas, if so wow, any chance of a foto

Sorry - "No"
I'm the original one - and No before you ask not sarah! :)

#6 J.J.

J.J.

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:43 AM

In June this year we will be taking our 9th holiday in Crete (love the place) looking for suggestions for
days out off the beaten track.Staying in Stalis & will be hiring a car.1st post and love the site. :)

Hi Fergie
Just wanted to let you know of a nice place I found last year thats not too far for a day trip from Stalis. Its a place called Mochlos and is on the eastern side of Agios Nikolas. You take a turn off just after Platanos or there is another turn off after Sfaka both routes are down hill in order to reach the village. By the way there is also a beautiful beach on the way if you want to stop for a swim. It's past Agios Nikolos and just before the town of Istro.
Happy Days.
J.J.

#7 Antero

Antero

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:41 PM

"...9th holiday........"only ??? :)
I am over the 10th , so I do not even count .
Stalida is my favourit place too !
A.
András

#8 fergie003

fergie003

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:22 PM

A week on Sunday we will be back for our 10th visit! left a pair of shoes back in June - hubby understood when i told him we had to go back for them.If they are not there....never mind a week in paradise.
Just hope the weather will be ok...never been so late?