Environment And Sustainable Tourism ('ecotourism')

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Silvia_*

Guest_Silvia_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:13 AM

For my studies at university, I would like to know how the Cretans think about the natural environment on Crete. Do you think it's important, and why??

Also, I would like to know if you had the same opinion about 7-10 years ago. If not, what were the most important reasons you changed your opinion??

I hope you can give me some answers, thanx very much for that :unsure: !!

#2 Guest_wim kouros_*

Guest_wim kouros_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hi Syl,

I think you'd better mail to Yannis directly. He is the editor of the Crete Gazette.

I'm not a Cretan but I have a steady relationship with the island. I have seen it change through the years from a virginal maiden into a cunning lady due to the influence of the hordes of tourists looking for a cheap place to get drunk.

People who are looking for what is left of the "cretan way of life" avoid the north and dig into the rural areas of the south (from east to west). But also in these areas some places start to find out about the influence.
Small resorts that expanded too fast on demand of cheap tour operators now have problems in retaining their natural identity.

Let me know if you want to hear more.

Adio

Wim Kouros

#3 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 11:25 AM

Want to know more, and did you get in touch with Yannis? How about your study? Did you succeed?

:P
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#4 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:35 AM

Yannis is quite busy as he is and he is not going to answer questions by email.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster