• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 11:23 PM

Finally, I have finished reading the January issue - never before have I read it from "cover to cover". I really enjoyed the mix of current affairs, news and the dips into history. The more history I uncover the more it makes me want to know so keep up the good work. I particularly enjoyed the links to Explore Crete as too often I have a quick visit for an update on the Forum and miss out on the new items on the website.

Our little house in Crete is on such a different scale to the one Virginia and Wolfgang own in Kounaliso it was good to learn of a different perspective - I look forward to similar insights into other people's homes. (OK I will admit to being nosey!!)

I had to laugh at the piece about the museums - we visited the archaeological museum mid November 2004 - it seemed like a good way to spend a wet afternoon. Within 10 minutes there was a power cut so the only exhibits we could see were those in rooms with skylights. That said there was no direction from staff worried about either our safety or that of the exhibits but we didn't worry - we were in Crete!

Here's looking forward to the next issue. Yvonne
Kritsa Yvonne