7 replies to this topic

#1 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

Dear friends,

it took many hours of hard work to prepare the January issue of Crete Gazette and redesign the cretegazette.com website. As you can see, the content has increased a lot and it includes news of Crete, as well as many interesting features and articles. Hopefully in a day or two, there will also be a page with World News, that will be updated automatically with the latest headlines.

I hope you will enjoy the new Crete Gazette and I would appreciate your comments and suggestions that will help us to improve it more in the future.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#2 Guest_Ingrid Magnus_*

Guest_Ingrid Magnus_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:26 PM

Dear friends,

it took many hours of hard work to prepare the January issue of Crete Gazette and redesign the cretegazette.com website. As you can see, the content has increased a lot and it includes news of Crete, as well as many interesting features and articles. Hopefully in a day or two, there will also be a page with World News, that will be updated automatically with the latest headlines.

I hope you will enjoy the new Crete Gazette and I would appreciate your comments and suggestions that will help us to improve it more in the future.

:(

Hi there!

My name is Ingrid agnus, and I am an Norwegian artist and writer. TheGazette ran an article of my work in Crete, Stalis, in the October 2005-issue. I cannot seem to reach that page from my computer, so may be you could help me with that, since I want to present itfor my friends in Norway.
This winter I will stay mainly in Norway, where I paint a series of cats for an exhibition here, all inspired from my cats visiting me in my home in Crete. If you are interested in my further work, I send you some pictures. Well, this is all for now.

Have a nice time.
All the best from Ingrid.

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:29 AM

Dear Ingrid,
here is the link to the artilce about your work: http://www.cretegaze...year=&arcmonth=
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#4 cretan-homes

cretan-homes

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

Hey Yiannis,

I just wanted to tell you what a great job you did with the gazette. I loved the issue! I thought you had worked very hard on the paper and it reflects your attention to detail.

It has always been a good publication with a lot of informative and lighthearted issues but now even more than before, I am really looking forward to reading the internet version each month as well as getting the printed version. Since passing this around, I have heard some really good comments and I have asked people to register and write to you individually with their comments.

From another point of view I can totally understand how time consuming this must be for you! My little newsletter takes ages, so I can only imagine the hours you need to put into this project each month!

Just a question. Would it be possible to have a contents page with the printed version? I tend to read articles on the hop and usually scan the issue first for the most relevant topics and then read more fully later on? Not sure if this is feasible for you, but it would be very helpful?

Anyway,well done to you again and all the very best to all, for a healthy 2006.

Abbe

#5 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:31 PM

Just a question. Would it be possible to have a contents page with the printed version? I

Hi Abbe, - Check at the bottom of the first page, where you download the pdf-version. :(

#6 cretan-homes

cretan-homes

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:59 AM

Hi Abbe, - Check at the bottom of the first page, where you download the pdf-version. :blink:

Hi Dinny,

Thanks for that, but I meant the snail-mailed, hard printed version, not the one I download. I think it is a great edition and wondered if a contents page in this would be possible??

Have a great week.

Abbe!

#7 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 09:11 AM

Dinny probably means the contents list on the front page of the printed version. It is not a full contents list, ony a few articles are mentioned.
What Abbe suggests will be necessary, especially if the next issue will be larger...
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#8 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:36 PM

I also wondered what happened to the June issue :rolleyes:

Keep in the right forum :rolleyes: <_<
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."