• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 11:36 AM

Alexander, Latvia
On 1 - 10 scale I give 10 points.
Accommodation.
Chora Sfakion, Sfakia, southwest Crete

After one week in Malia and one night stops in Sitia, Ierapetra and Plakias I found myself in Chora Sfakion.
It was an early October afternoon when I reached the village. Realizing, that waterfront area was not an option, as it is noisy, I took the road to Anapoli, looking for a place to stay for three nights.No one was around at Eleni apts, so just crossed the road and there it was - Notos Suites. Half empty at that time of the year and therefore at a very affordable price (40Euros per night)it turned out to be a kind of paradise spot for me.What I had was two very spacious an all the time clean rooms :a bedroom and a living room with built in kitchenette fitted with an electric stove and a fridge ( all Whirlpool, by the way) But most important of all - a huge balcony with a royal view over Chora and out to the sea( see photos attached). Ilingas beach was only 3 minute drive away or 15 minute walk if you want it. No remorses to be late for breakfast or missed dinner! Could cook myself or walk down to the village where you enjoy variety of fresh food and drink all through the day. The stay was a very relaxing experience:no rush , no noise, no crowds.
Well, to be honest there are ferry loads of tourists on their way back from Samaria. But due to its commanding position Notos Suites give you a privilege to observe them, without hearing.
So, would I like to come back? Of course I would.

Attached File  Sfakia_Nostos.jpg   35.11KB   395 downloads Attached File  Sfakia_Nostos_2.jpg   29.84KB   336 downloads