ha ha *clapping* well said my dear, took the words out my mouth x

#62 Kit Kat Pitty Pat

Kit Kat Pitty Pat

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:43 AM

** Takes a bow** thank you Hannah, some times people really make me laugh ! anyhow only 2 days to go till I get to see my lil bro and we are all excited my daughter and I are off to get our hair done today, she is 12 and is having her first lot of hi lights, she is very excited..... perhaps I shouldn't talk about hair do's though as it hasn't got anything to do with crete, ag nik etc LOL..... or maybe this would be acceptable in some peoples minds. I shall post more of my thoughts when I get back and let you how I liked Ag Nik.

Love Kat x x :lol:

#63 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 08:49 PM

The chat room Wim politely mentioned is for the drivel that most people whom visit this site don't need to read.
The topics are meant to be informative and rightly so, unfortunately I fail to see where your responses to each other are informative to others !!!!

The chat room is like any other in that responses are immediate, so if you want to chat "use it"
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#64 cheeky-hannah

cheeky-hannah

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

Well i have to say santo your comment did not take my breath away! there's no need to be rude. i'm pretty sure our posts are of an interesting read to others plus im advertising the fantastic bar that is sorentos and the fab dj, mark that is the lovely kitkats brother, so there
hope u have a fab time Kat, send my love to sparky. safe and happy travelling xx
hannah xx

#65 Kit Kat Pitty Pat

Kit Kat Pitty Pat

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

Santo, why dont you and Wim use the chat room, dont like what we write, dont read it..believe it or not you do have the power to control what you read. i wasn't beiong rude at all to wim but you obviously have to lower the tone by calling what we have posted as drivel. My Grandfather fought in the II World war to allow you and I to live in a free society and have the freedom of speech and i for one am going to use that freedom to talk about Crete, Ag Nik, Sorrento Bar etc in a forum designed for just that. I could be rude like you and I have a very sharpe wit and tongue but I really wouldn't lower myself to your obvious low standards. So I hope you have a pleasant weekend Santo, I know i will I am off to Crete on Sunday for a week, staying in Ag Nik, and will be spending lots of time with my family at Sorrento Bar as my Brother works there....... so expect lots more DRIVEL as you call it upon my return, but remember you do possess the right not to bother reading any of my posts.

Kat

#66 Papous

Papous

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:53 AM

Come on folks! No need to have a K1 fight on this forum. Agree? So, shake hands, kiss and make up okay?
"?? ???????? ??? ?????? ????? ????"

#67 YiannisTiKanis

YiannisTiKanis

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:47 PM

Hello guys again!Its TIKANIS.I ve read all of ur comments and i ve made up my mind.I will visit this great establishment cause it must b really cool!
My advise to the people who don t like this bar is to change forum rather than try to tell off all the others who do.
I would also like to hear more about peoples experience in that bar.
Thank u!

#68 proudsorrentoowner

proudsorrentoowner

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:23 PM

Wow, I have only just discovered this forum about our wonderful bar and yes I am amazed at the amount of views and comments from some of our great customers, although Wimp and Santos don't seem too impressed but I can't say I can ever remember them visiting! After reading through this great forum on Crete and some wonderful articles about the island in general from W and S, I can only assume that maybe this is a case of the tail wagging the dog and forum master does not want to upset them in case they throw their dummy out of the pram - ha, ha. Anyway seeing as this particular forum is actually called SORRENTO BAR I would like to take the opportunity to thank all our wonderful customers who have posted here and especially KitKat and her lovely hubbie and children who I had the pleasure of meeting for the first time last week. We are waiting to welcome you back in our inimitable way next time you are in Crete. Lol (lots of love oh and of course laugh out loud) xx :rolleyes:

#69 cheeky-hannah

cheeky-hannah

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 07:43 PM

hey kitkat, how are you? you back in the lovely uk yet?xx

#70 Retired in Crete

Retired in Crete

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 10:14 PM

We had 2 visitors aged 21 staying with us last week and, at my suggestion, they visited the Sorrento bar.

They had been there for at least a quarter of an hour before my mobile rang and they asked to be picked up. "What was wrong?" I asked. "You must have taken us to the most expensive bar in Ag Nik" they said. "Five Euros for a tiny Bacardi & Coke, they must think we are stupid, can you take us to where we were last night in Istron?" I took them back to where they get a third of a glass of Bacardi topped up with Coke for two & a half Euros.

John
Cornwall - Great at any time of the year.

#71 leanne

leanne

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:33 PM

I MUST SAY THAT SORRENTO'S DO LIKE THEIR ALCOHOL, I LET MY 13 YR OLD HAVE A DRINK IN THERE, I TOLD AMY THAT SHE IS 13 JUST A LITTLE BIT OF ALCOHOL, LETS JUST SAY WE HAVE DIFFERENT VIEWS ON WHAT IS A LITTLE BIT LOL, SO I TOOK THIS OPPORTUNITY TO LET HER BE DRUNK FOR THE FIRST TIME, JUST FOR DARREN TO TAKE THE PISS OUT HER LOL BLESS, ....WE ARE BOOKED FOR NEXT YEAR AND RARING TO GO I CANT WAIT !

NOTE BY THE ADMINISTRATOR: Please do not promote illegal activities on this forum. Serving alcohol to a 13-year old child is against the laws of Greece and the European Union. Unfortunately the Greek state does not check whether bartenders and bar owners respect the law.

#72 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 07:44 PM

At last, there seems to be a "proudsorrentobarowner". :)

It took more than 8000 views in this topic to have him thank all his clients, and even comment on some of their threads.

I was so glad he made a remark of not being able to remember Santo and me visiting his joint. It made me determine that his braincells are still in shape. B) Not only Santo and me but also all of the regular board members of Explore Crete will most certainly not have visited the place. Indeed: they don't go to Crete for an alcoholiday, they go there to have a quality time.

I am, however, afraid that at least one of your bartenders has lost hers..yes, those brain cells. Serving alcohol to a 13 year old girl is way out of bounds, even in England where I suppose you come from, let alone making her drunk. That sir is a serious offense, if not a misdemeanor, and should cost you your license.

As you can understand "proudsorrentobarowner" we on this board are not that proud en certainly not amused. And most certainly not of some of your regulars that seem to persist to show there their lack of education on this board.

"Wonder what sort of threads this one is going to evoke. Think a lot vomit is going to erupt from too tense beer bellies and/or damaged brain cells :) :) :D ;) " O.K. guys make my day and night :rolleyes: and confirm your class by returning post.

And remember the rules of the game. No swearing, no capitals (only when you start a new line) write comprehensive lines and try to use some wit.

:P
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#73 leanne

leanne

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:13 PM

Actually i would like to point out that, 'A minor under the age of 17 can consume alcohol on the premises in crete,' as long as they are accompanied by an adult! in which case my child was under very close supervision and i did not let her get 'paraletic' although i can understand how this can interpreted by some small minded people! there are thousands of replies on this site who all had a wicked time, sorrento owner 'sue' was lovely and we will be back next year!!

so perhaps sorrento's is not for the smaller minded public !!!

#74 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:20 PM

Dear Wim how eloquent your words were, perhaps I'm better off doing the things I do in Krita because of my "small mind" :rolleyes: :) :)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#75 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 01:26 PM

I am in the difficult position to close this thread, so no more postings will be added to it. This thread has become a source of agitation a few times already.
Sorrento Bar should create their own site and forum for their fans around the world.
I will also not allow any new threads about the same bar or including messages about how great it feels to get drunk in Crete. All moderators are kindly requested to delete any new threads or messages about the same subject.
If someone is annoyed by my decision, then he/she is free to PM me (send a personal message). All new threads with complaints should be deleted by the moderators.
It is perfectly acceptable to write your comments about any bar or other business in Crete, but it is not ok to promote the alcohol tourism in Crete. Malia has a huge problem already with this type of tourism, and there have been cases of violence and lethal accidents, where drunk young tourists were involved in various areas in Greece.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster