#21 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

lol is a Dutch word for fun.
Barbie must have been writing phonetic :) it almost was poetic.

B)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#22 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 12:00 PM

Wim, lol in the uk is "Laughs Out Loud"............. and in Wales means a variation of "your lying" !!!!!

B) B)

Barbie, you'll have to bear with some of our senior members, they're not used to txt speak, just need to write the words fully. :)

B)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#23 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 10:07 PM

Tks, Santo me o' mate,

Just wanted to explane that "lol" is lol in Dutch and means fun.
I liked the txt speak.
I told you it was like a poem.

BFN

:)
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#24 diver_steve

diver_steve

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hi All

Am new to this forum but thought I would say howdy!

I am sat here in my shoe box of an office whilst the rain lashes down outside - how can I not think back to my hols in Ag Nik!!!

Just to make it worse here are some pics...

Sorrento's crew, me and a couple of dive buddies....

Posted Image

The boys...

Posted Image

And the girls (mmmmmmmmm)

Posted Image

#25 Guest_Shortyno3_*

Guest_Shortyno3_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:51 PM

Hey everybody, hope you all had a great Xmas...! i did, i got many prezzies! anyway, whoever is wondering what Sorrento Bar is about here in Crete, then you have to come down and see it for yourself, honestly words are not enough...and apart from that why tell when you can discover it yourself! so, we're all waiting for you this new season and the only reason is cause we wanna entertain you!! you dont get that very often! Happy holidays people![font=Times New Roman]

#26 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 01:28 PM

Thought we were not allowed to make any advertisements on this board :unsure:

B)

#27 Guest_Shortyno3_*

Guest_Shortyno3_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2007 - 01:14 AM

who made an advertisement? just telling the people that its a great bar and worth a trip to Ag Nik. It'll entertain them, maybe you could use a little entertainment too.

#28 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:14 PM

I prefer a different kind of entertainment Shorty, but thanks anyway for the advice on how to spoil my holidays.

Maybe you could tell this board some nice anecdotes you experienced while in Sorrento :rolleyes: and make us feel gay B)

:blink:

#29 Guest_Shortyno3_*

Guest_Shortyno3_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:56 PM

spoil? maybe you need to get out a bit more often. anecdotes anecdotes...mmm...ok... but i'll tell them to the people that know how to enjoy themselves.

#30 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:03 AM

ifyoutellthemtopeoplewhoknowhowtoenjoythemselvesi'mafraidyourwastingyourtimeshorty.

:rolleyes:

#31 Guest_Shortyno3_*

Guest_Shortyno3_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:32 PM

whatever mate, get a life...other than judging places where you dont know what happens

#32 Sheikh Yerbouti

Sheikh Yerbouti

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:21 PM

eh. gringo.

don't be dissin da Sorrento bar!
'cos ill get rate mad.

hullo shorty how are you doing? auntie sue sent me a email the other day bt i habent replied yet, i'll get on to it now. hope you're good

m

#33 Guest_Shortyno3_*

Guest_Shortyno3_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

hey sheikh yerbouti...cant think of who you are! give us a little help! i'm good, how about you?
xxx

#34 Sheikh Yerbouti

Sheikh Yerbouti

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:21 AM

Vre elena

lol

Geia sou, eimai michalis o xadelphos sou.
haha!

don't know whether i'll be out to ag nik this year cos of obvious reasons, but ill try my best. take care, hope the dudes in ag nik can manage to start up business for the season without your help! lol

xxx

#35 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 02:58 PM

sheikh yerbouti & shortyno3 wouldn't you find it easier using MSN/Yahoo messenger, than a forum dedicated to all things about crete rather than just one measly bar in Ag Nik !!!!!!! :blush:
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#36 Guest_Shortyno3_*

Guest_Shortyno3_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:32 PM

well, if you havent noticed the topic of this forum is Sorrento Bar Agios Nikolaos...all you have to do is read the title!!!

#37 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

I'm quite aware of the title, I'm also aware that if I wish to chat personally I can do so via the Chat Room or even use the PM available. :blush:
Santo

#38 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

Dear all,
I have noticed that some postings in the "Meet in Crete" subforum have become a reason for arguments between the forum members during the years.
In many cases, like this thread, I don't see the reason for these arguments. The "Meet in Crete" forum is supposed to be a place where people will meet other similar-minded people, they will talk about their vacation plans, and they may even arrange to meet in Crete and enjoy their vacation together.
Because of the nature of this forum, things should be more casual here and the older members should be more tolerating.
I will ask the new members though to use common sense and respect the community members. If you want to chat with another member, then the Personal Messages (PM) are a more convenient way to do it. The chatroom is free for everyone and you may use the forum to arrange a chat event at any time.
Personally I am not annoyed by the postings of Shorty or Sheikh Yerbouti. I am just not interested.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#39 Guest_Shortyno3_*

Guest_Shortyno3_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:25 PM

If you are not interesting then dont read them. You say: The "Meet in Crete" forum is supposed to be a place where people will meet other similar-minded people, they will talk about their vacation plans, and they may even arrange to meet in Crete and enjoy their vacation together. You said it yourself...i'm telling everyone to meet me in Aghios Nikolaos, Crete at Sorrento Bar, how easier than that could i meet everyone!!!
LINK REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR - READ THE FORUM RULES!

#40 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:51 PM

Shorty
you got a warning for being so rude and violating the rules of the forum. For the next 5 days all your postings will have to be approved by a moderator before they show online. If they are appropriate for this forum, they will be approved. If not, they will be deleted.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster