• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:08 PM

On another topic Dinny wrote "The prices which Yannis has put together are from June 2004 though... it would be really interesting to see an update with actual prices, but I'm afraid Yannis won't have much time for that.... maybe I should volunteer?"

A thought crossed my mind about why Yannis would be too busy - but now I have now read December's Crete Gazette and all becomes clear!!!

Congratulations Yannis; this seems like a great move and I look forward to continuing to enjoy the fruits of your various labours. :rolleyes:

Yvonne
Kritsa Yvonne

#2 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:58 PM

Yes, congratulations are due! And I can't wait till I can get the Crete Gazette on PAPER, since this morning it kept me in front of the PC for hours, while I could have enjoyed that time much better reading the Gazette on the terrace in the warm sunshine. :rolleyes:

Maybe we could get a "print all" button on the page to use till the paper edition will be available?

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:38 AM

Yvonne and Dinny,
thank you for your congratulations. I hope it won't prove that I have undertaken more than I can handle.

Here is a pdf file that includes all Decemebr issue of the Crete Gazette in a nice layout: http://www.cretegaze...news2005dec.pdf

Your comments and suggestions will be appreciated.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#4 Mapia

Mapia

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 08:09 AM

Yvonne and Dinny,
thank you for your congratulations. I hope it won't prove that I have undertaken more than I can handle.

Here is a pdf file that includes all Decemebr issue of the Crete Gazette in a nice layout: http://www.cretegaze...news2005dec.pdf

Your comments and suggestions will be appreciated.

Not sure if your asking Yvonne and Dinny only but the layout looks great to me. Easy to look at.
Congratulation and good luck.

Mapia

#5 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:30 AM

I have been taking time to read the paper rather than mu usual skim read, and I add my name to those congratulating Yannis on his new venture. Every success to you Yannis.

#6 Brook

Brook

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 05:01 PM

Congratulations Yannis. Best of luck! :rolleyes:

#7 Yorgos

Yorgos

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:26 PM

Congratulations Yanni, good move. Would you be considering any changes to the format of the paper? Some of your readers, hard copy and on line may be interested to offer suggestions, if you are interested. But you will need to arrange a separate forum for this purpose. Good luck.

#8 Al(Kiwi)

Al(Kiwi)

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:14 PM

Great read Yannis, keep up the good work. Just what I was looking for when I was in Crete earlier this year.
Have a wonderful Christmas and the same to all partakers in this forum. :D

#9 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:51 AM

Wow Yiannis, great news and congratulations! I always look forward to each new edition of the Gazette.

What next? Television? :D Watch out Rupert Murdoch!!!

Good Luck with your new venture.