#1 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 12:01 PM

Morning

We are having a car boot sale on Sunday 27th November in Platanes, Rethymno, this will start at around 12 midday. Entry will be 10euros per car as this is for a good cause. Go to the kiosk in the centre of Platanes village and opposite the Galaxy Car Rental behind the kiosk there is a road down to the beach, the sale will be held in the car park at the end of this road. EVERYBODY welcome.

Just to explain a little. At end of every season my friends and I always clear out our summer/winter clothes, books and other stuff and take them to our chum Christine in Pigi. Christine has a second hand shop and she sells everything from furniture and ornaments to books and clothes. Normally when anything is sold, Christine takes a small percent and the rest of the money goes to whoever owned it. When we bring our goodies to Christine we always let her keep whatever she makes from it for her animals, because, Christine will never turn a stray animal away from her door. She takes in dogs, cats, ducks, goats...you name it, if it is stray, it will always find a home in Pigi. So, because this very caring lady doesnt receive any funding from any of the registered local animal shelters we decided that instead of leaving our stuff in the second hand shop we could have a boot sale instead and donate the money to the animals.

So please come, it should be a good day out if nothing else and you never know, you might pick up the bargain of your dreams.

If anybody needs any further information please feel free to ring me or text me on my mobile 6944 195181 or email me at annestel2001 'at' yahoo.com (replace the at with the @).

Hope to see you soon.

Anne

#2 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 11:49 PM

We have had to re-locate the sale due to the fact that the owners of the land where it was going to take place have had second thoughts about letting us use the land.

We will be now having it in Pigi and here are the new directions. If you are coming from Heraklion direction, take the first turn off for the Old National Road and come along as far as the 'Go Kart' track on the left. Turn left at this road and drive for 2.2kilometres and you will see a Nestle flag and balloons on the right hand side of the road and that is where it is. For the people coming from Chania direction, come along the old National Road through Platanes and Adele until you come to the Go Kart track on the right and turn right and see above.

Hope anybody that is interested can pass this info on.

Again, thank you.

Anne

#3 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 10:40 AM

Hi Anne,
If the weather-gods are not too angry on Sunday I shall try to come by.... ehm, if I don't loose my way trying to find this place! I'm actually not very good at following a map or directions, for some reason I always end up in totally different places! ;-)
Anyway, I'll give it a try! (But PLEASE don't give me any stray animals to take back home, don't even show them to me, I have a weak character as far as animals are concerned... I now serve breakfast and dinner for 15 cats every day! Tourist leftovers.... the cats, I mean).

Hope to see you Sunday!

#4 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:04 AM

I am a bit worried about the weather gods myself Dinny, judging by the weather here today. If you get lost give me a ring on my mobile and I can guide you there.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Anne