Apollon Aparthotel, Plantanes, Rethymnon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Jet_*_*

Guest_Guest_Jet_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:36 PM

Hi

First time on and hope someone can help. Booked for first time for crete for next May for these studios.

Have looked at web site and they look really nice but not sure on location. My friend has stayed in Adele a few years ago and knows the area quiet well, however she thinks these are maybe set back off the main road of Plantanes. Just really trying to find out if anyone knows where they are and if maybe they maybe are a bit isolated (dark road heading back at night?)

Any info on these studios or the area would be great.

#2 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:46 AM

The Appollon Apartments are situated behind Platanes, the area that they are in is called Chesame and they are along a well lit street with houses so I dont think you will have any need for torches.

If the barman is Lefteris, tell him Anne from My Place said hello. Enjoy your holidays.

Anne

#3 Guest_Guest_jet_*_*

Guest_Guest_jet_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:08 AM

thanks for your reply - that makes me feel better.

didnt want to be somewhere bit dark and isolated.

:(

#4 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 01:30 PM

Anne wrote:

they are along a well lit street with houses so I dont think you will have any need for torches

In my experience it is always useful to bring a torch. For instance, without a torch we would not have seen the polecat a couple of years ago - and of course there are more blackouts in Crete than where we live in the west of England - which all adds to the charm.

Henry.