5 replies to this topic

#1 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:32 PM

Has anyone even been to or heard about this conference? I would like to go someday. Its held in Roustika near Rethymnon every summer. Wondering about activities, costs, and general impressions, etc?

#2 Brook

Brook

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

What is the basis for this conference? I've never heard of it. ;)

#3 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 11:18 PM

Oh yeah, I guess I should've included that. Mazoxi is a traditional folk dance conference in Crete.

#4 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 01:12 PM

Found this after a google search and checking out a 2005 seminar. Maybe this will help.

For information on Dance Seminars, Workshops, Instruction, Videos, and Music:
Contact ATHAN KARRAS @ Tel: [818] 609-1386 E-mail: [email protected]
Please visit our WEBSITE www.mazoxi.gr

A

#5 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:02 PM

Thanks Anne, yeah I looked on the website already. I'm interested in first hand experience of the event. I was hoping to hear from someone who either lives on Crete and has been there, has a friend who has, who is familiar with the town or anything, or even someone who doesn't live there but has atteneded the seminar... I have no reason to contact anyone like Athan Karras about it, just was hoping someone from this website would have been there or knows about it.

#6 Minou

Minou

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:00 PM

Hello from Canada. I know this is a very late reply to this quiry but I have first hand knowledge of the Mazoxi experience. Three of our dance troupe participated in Mazoxi in 2002 and it is something I will treasure for the rest of my days. What a wonderful way to learn about Greek culture and make new friends.
I strongly suggest that participants have a strong background in folk dance and are in good condition as some of the classes took place in plus 40 temp and lasted 3 hours non stop. However, the facilities were excellent and the food was the best. I would also suggest renting a car as the best way to see more of the country.
If you would like to know more I am more than willing to tell more.