26 replies to this topic

#21 daveg

daveg

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:55 PM

Apologies just noticed I hadn't signed in on my last post re:"[email protected]@dy rain" [Suns been shining nicely today:-)]
Just to say I love everything about Crete!
Apart from Greek beurocrasy and trying to earn a living here!
Ugh!
DaveG

#22 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 10:34 AM

Just sitting here and thought of another thing I love about Crete!! Not waking up in the morning with a cold nose because it is freezing cold outside!! Go on all you guys from crete, make me jealous with the still mild weather you are having there!! Cant wait to be back !!! :unsure:

#23 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 11:56 AM

Mild weather??? It chucked it down last night with thunder and lightning....fantastic!!! :unsure:

But this morning woke up to clear blue skies, no wind and warm.

Anne

#24 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 05:50 PM

Same here in the South! The roads turned into RIVERS and my flowers were beaten to the ground!

This morning they were raising their heads again while enjoying the sunshine and the warmth of a summer day!

#25 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 08:15 PM

Dinny,
it may sound strange but your decription of your flowers surviving the storm reminded to me the history of Crete: Crete has many times been beaten to the ground by its numerous enemies and conquerors, but every time it managed to raise its head again and enjoy the warmth and the brightness of the Cretan sky...
Perhaps I am still influenced by the Xasteria poem posted here by George...
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#26 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 02:12 PM

Nothing in this world is perfect, but leaving details like that aside I concur with Anne's "Everything!!!!"

Henry.

#27 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 19 November 2005 - 04:25 PM

Dinny,
it may sound strange but your decription of your flowers surviving the storm reminded to me the history of Crete: Crete has many times been beaten to the ground by its numerous enemies and conquerors, but every time it managed to raise its head again and enjoy the warmth and the brightness of the Cretan sky...
Perhaps I am still influenced by the Xasteria poem posted here by George...

Not only you, Yannis! I have bought a tape with Cretan music which includes the Xasteria song and by now I know it by heart (thanks to Yorgos writing the words for us) - so much that I dream about singing it! :D