2 replies to this topic

#1 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 08:13 PM

I created a member album, but I have a problem I only now realized. I tried to upload my first image which gave me an error saying it was too large. I went to the help page and realized that the maximum size for pictures is 500KB, but all of my photos are too large. They are more like 700-900 KB, is there anything I can do to minimize their size? They are pretty large and very good quality (for zoom, etc), so I suppose that is why they are so large, but is there anything I can do to add them to this gallery?

#2 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:20 AM

In the HELP files it is mentioned that:

How can I resize my photos before adding them to my Album?
There are excellent free programs available, which you can use to view your photos, resize and do small corrections to them. IrfanView (www.irfanview.com) and Google Picasa (http://picasa.google.com) are 2 of these programs.

Choose one of the above programs, download and install it and then use their resize option to make your photos smaller, for example 700 pixels wide. This is the image width used for the Members' Photoalbums.
It is useful to know how to resize your photos because then it is much faster to send them by email to your friends or add them to your photolalbum. Be careful though that you do not replace your original photos with the resized ones.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#3 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:44 AM

Thanks Yanni. Sorry for making you repeat something you already provided. I actually read that but for some reason I though it was resizing the picture, not the file size.... got a little confused, not the best with computers. Anyhow, will try one of the programs. Thanks again.