22 replies to this topic

#21 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:47 AM

What are you implying Wim about the topics that are being posted these days? B) B)
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#22 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 09:43 PM

Hi Dave,

What I'm implying is, that if there is a possibility to use an existing topic which covers the contents of the one you are willing to post, it would be advisable to use that one. That is also what Yannis meant to say. If there is one topic that covers "music" its far more "ergonomic" .

The "General" forum is filled with a plethora of topics that often repeat them selves qua contents.

Imagine yourself as a novice, entering this forum, trying to find out something about a certain subject and having to wheel down all those hundreds of topics to discover that your question is packed in more than one topic. Did you ever go through them? All the way?

Try it, I did :wacko:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#23 SteveB

SteveB

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 11:53 AM

hi Wim,music,both Greek and Cretan,is one of those topics that interest many people.
Having to search through the forums to find a previous related topic,can be tedious.
Also,my experience is,that when a topic has been around a while,it tends to be overlooked.
As music is a refleexion of the culture we are all interested in,and is a constantly changing and evolving thing,and all of us,wether old hands or beginers,often wish to learn more or share our experiences,perhaps the answer here would be to ask Yannis if we could have a pinned topic along the lines of "Greek and Cretan music,-questions/answers/information".
What do you think?Steve.B