In Love With A Greek Boy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Guest_Kickie_*_*

Guest_Guest_Kickie_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

Panagia mou!!!! What chanses do I have????

I'm Swedish with (so far) limited skills in the Greek language, 11 years OLDER than my rural darling who's father is a less liberate 70 year old Kritikos, a DIVORCED mother of 2 teens and I would absolutley say I have a mind of my own... Can anyone predict my future :unsure:

I hope it's a good sign that I've been invited to their (father and son) house for dinner, and not stuffed by obvious reasons... Neither eaten alive, spitt at, yelled at or thrown out....

Yanni, why is it that a Greek man should be older than his girl-friend/wife? I'm far better prepared for life than a 20-25 year old I'd say AND I cook (and knitt)...

If this works out I'll be the one looking after my father (hopefully) -in-law so he better get used to me quickly! In the meantime I'll do my lessons learning Greek and read all I can find about Cretan customs and traditions.

Good luck to anyone who need it

#42 Dreamgirl

Dreamgirl

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 07:50 PM

hello everybody!!!!

yes this is again the Belgian girl and finally she knows how much her greek boy is loving her. Everybody has to know that he visited me last days and that we really love each other!!!! So everybody who doesn't believe in our love must not try anymore to hurt us both, because it's the same in Greece as in Belgium!

From now our love can start, and if you want to know something: YES MANOS S'AGAPO AGAPI MOU

#43 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

Hello Mieke,

Ever heard of the famous Kamakis?
Well view this: http://mattbarrett.n...ng_kamakis.html

And then of course there is the famous one liner from the movie "Shirley Valentine": "A boat is a boat and a f.ck is a f.ck" :)

True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#44 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:48 PM

Hello Mieke,

Ever heard of the famous Kamakis?
Well view this: http://mattbarrett.n...ng_kamakis.html

And then of course there is the famous one liner from the movie "Shirley Valentine": "A boat is a boat and a f.ck is a f.ck" :)

I forgot another lovely story: http://www.greekconn...sages/5052.html

Yasou
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#45 MAVROLIO

MAVROLIO

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:58 AM

good job Belge girly!!!
i have been with my Cretan man 13 months now! and have been to Kriti 7 times, my 8th is coming up very soon B) woohooo!!!!
not ALL men are the same (thank GOD!) :) :D
8A PERASEI KAI AYTO

#46 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 02:32 PM

I wonder what happend to all the "holiday loves and lovers" which have so intimately shared their affections and kamakis adventures with us.

Are they still in love, do they still see/write/phone/exchange pictures/mail, and weep at night?

Keep us informed, so we'll be able to enjoy this life internet soap :o

Tell uncle Wim about it :)

#47 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:07 PM

:) :o ;) B) :wub: B)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#48 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:44 PM

Surely you would not want to be bored with the woes of us poor girls who have fallen for such charms B) I am sure we could begin a whole forum just on the topic of holiday loves that have been lost or not what we expected :o

Any one?? Similar experiences? Share them.. :)

#49 MAVROLIO

MAVROLIO

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:04 AM

I wonder what happend to all the "holiday loves and lovers" which have so intimately shared their affections and kamakis adventures with us.

Are they still in love, do they still see/write/phone/exchange pictures/mail, and weep at night?

Keep us informed, so we'll be able to enjoy this life internet soap

Tell uncle Wim about it

hello uncle Wim. B) how are you? i am doing well and i would like to update your internet soap.
i wanted to let you know, that August 6th of 2006 my cretan man and i got engaged. I have resigned from my job here in New York, and am moving to Crete in the next few weeks. The wedding will be August of 2007. :) :o

Posted Image
8A PERASEI KAI AYTO

#50 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:02 AM

Congratulations to you both Mavrolio.
B) :wub: ;)

what date in August ???? to everyone on the forum.................we got a party to look forward to lol :o :) B)
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#51 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:14 AM

Congratulations!

Lovely news.
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#52 Wally

Wally

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:01 PM

Great news!!!

Congratulations :o :) B) B)

#53 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 01:03 PM

That's great news indeed "Mavrolio"
But as you know, getting married is half the thing, staying the other.

Are you the one to the left or to the right B) lets hope you learned from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" unless you're Greek yourself of course.

I loved your pictures. Who's who on the family pic and who's the one playing the bouzouki? The one with the green eyes must have red ones by now :o

Stó kaló :)

#54 MAVROLIO

MAVROLIO

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:42 PM

thank you Wim, i see you have done your research. left or right?.... i'll let you guess which one i am. My Big Fat Greek Wedding aint got nothing on CRETAN weddings!!! i am Greek myself, 100 % Cretan ... just born in the U.S. of A.
i dont have a family pic in the pics you searched in. But there is a pic of the 3 lyrarides that played at our engagement. Hopefully we will get married and stay married. Maybe you can give some advice .... sag to sag. (we have the same birthday)
Wim, where i come from we dont play with bouzoukia. But i am the one holding the mantolino, pretending to play it very well.

ante geia!
8A PERASEI KAI AYTO

#55 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:58 PM

Both Sag's and born on the 5th of December !! You know two Sag's are the utmost combination. They fight or love them selves to death. But any further similarity ends with the year of birth :)
You look great though, and if you insitst on some advice about staying married, say over a couple of years, than wait till I'll come along B) :wub:

:o B)

#56 Nikos

Nikos

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:16 AM

:rolleyes: loving another person is not separate from loving God.

One is a single wave,the other is the ocean!

I wish you a lot of happiness and a wonderful life with your CRETE man MAYROLIO!!!

GIA SOU MAGKA MOU!! :rolleyes:
Binlonggone

#57 Wally

Wally

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:35 AM

Welcome Nikos,

Grate baby and nice website :rolleyes:

By the way, please fix the link in your profile :rolleyes:

Regards,
W

#58 Pam

Pam

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 01:00 PM

Mavrolio, great news - I bet you can't wait to move over - where will you be living in Crete?

It would be great if you could make the party we're planning in May in south Crete.

Santo, what date are we proposing for our get-together? I know it's early, but I'm starting to do some preparatory planning for next year, always cheers me up when I come back from Greece. Sitting here looking out at the rain I can't believe this time last week I was sitting in bright sunlight looking at the sea, which was an incredible turquoise colour and planning my next swim.

Pam

#59 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:35 PM

Pam, I going out either 22nd May for one week or 15th May for two weeks, but I mentioned in a previous thread to Dinny that we could look at the 26th May as a "Party" date, unforunately I don't have the luxury of flexible dates as the member of staff that covers me when i'm off starts his holiday 1st June. :rolleyes: :)

however as i have had the benefit of at least a "get together party" already it's really upto anyone to suggest a date, I'm a great believer in democracy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Unless the Euro lottery/UK Lottery drops into my lap in which case I'll be there 24 hours after the cheque has cleared :D :D :D :D
Santo

#60 Nikos

Nikos

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

Hello Wally.

Thanks for your kind welcome.

Link have been fixed :rolleyes:

I enjoy visiting your web site and seeing the pictures looks briliant!!

You have very beautiful children!!!

:rolleyes: GIA SOU MAGKA MOU GIA SOU MY FILE!!
Binlonggone