In Love With A Greek Boy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
62 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Guest_Mieke_*_*

Guest_Guest_Mieke_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2005 - 04:17 PM

Hello

i would like to have contact with a girl or a boy who is living in Heraklion and want the help of him / her to know what my boyfriend is doing there. Who wants to help me? I'm from Belgium.

#2 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 09:44 AM

Hello

i would like to have contact with a girl or a boy who is living in Heraklion and want the help of him / her to know what my boyfriend is doing there. Who wants to help me? I'm from Belgium.

Why don't you ask him yourself? :)

#3 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:04 AM

Why don't you ask him yourself? :)

Must I believe everything what he said to me? How can i know if it's the truth? He's a lifeguard and see every day a lot of beautiful girls. Do you think it's possible for him to come to me in Belgium or to go for a holiday to another place?

#4 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:52 AM

My dear Dinny,
what will you reply to this?
Should I create a new "Love advice by Dinny" forum?
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 02:08 AM

Must I believe everything what he said to me? How can i know if it's the truth? He's a lifeguard and see every day a lot of beautiful girls. Do you think it's possible for him to come to me in Belgium or to go for a holiday to another place?

if you don't trust him then break up with him. what relationship is this with no trust?
he's a life guard? yes he probably meets beautiful women every day. find some love in belgium

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:15 AM

if you don't trust him then break up with him. what relationship is this with no trust?
he's a life guard? yes he probably meets beautiful women every day. find some love in belgium

Can somebody tell me how a greek boy shows to a girl that he is really in love with her?

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:16 AM

My dear Dinny,

I think it's a good idea.

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:45 PM

Is it normal that greek boys cry all the time? Because he is saying that he is crying all the time.

#9 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:12 PM

My dear Dinny,

Yannis, I'm afraid I would not be the right person for such a forum! :unsure:

In my inner soul I'm convinced that men are best left with their mothers, who will feed them, wash and iron all in that PERFECT way only a mother can do. And probably all my good advice would be along the line I also use for my newly adopted Cretan cats: feed them, cuddle them, see to their every needs - but never let them into your house to live! With their built-in longing for hunting they would soon want to get out anyway!

;) :P :D

(Oh dear, I had to cancel a long line of big laughs... I was laughing much more that this forum allows, heheheh)

Is this a "bug"? Or are you planning to make us behave more seriously? Do we get WARNINGS for laughing to much?? :)

#10 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:41 AM

Mieke - I sympathise with your dilema. Many years ago, I was in exactly the same situation. Long distance Greek relationships can at times cause a lot of angst. I guess you are still young and maybe not as cynical as the rest of us. If you want a sympathetic listener why don't you drop me an e mail. :unsure:

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:48 PM

Mieke - I sympathise with your dilema. Many years ago, I was in exactly the same situation. Long distance Greek relationships can at times cause a lot of angst. I guess you are still young and maybe not as cynical as the rest of us. If you want a sympathetic listener why don't you drop me an e mail. :unsure:

What's your email address? I would like to have contact with you.

#12 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:09 PM

It sounds dreadful for you, going through something similar myself (read the weather in october thread in the general forum) I think we all have our perception of what these greek men get up to when we are not there. the stereotype of a different girl every week. If he is still in contact with you that is surely a good thing. How long have you been in the relationship? try not to worry and trust him a little, unless of course you have serious reasons not to. :)

#13 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:27 PM

Have you read this article? I am sure you will find it amusing and informative: http://www.explorecr...04-caroline.htm
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#14 Caroline

Caroline

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:11 PM

Yannis-That article is exactly right! I think it applies not just to Cretan men, but to Greek men in general. Its well worth reading, and I am sure that anyone who has ever had a relationship with a Greek man will understand it very well.

It could be my age, but there doesn't seem to be so many Kamaki boys around these days. I don't know if they have left Chania and gone to the big resorts, but I definately don't notice them around so much. Maybe its because now I'm a married woman :)

#15 Dreamgirl

Dreamgirl

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 12:38 PM

It sounds dreadful for you, going through something similar myself (read the weather in october thread in the general forum) I think we all have our perception of what these greek men get up to when we are not there. the stereotype of a different girl every week. If he is still in contact with you that is surely a good thing. How long have you been in the relationship? try not to worry and trust him a little, unless of course you have serious reasons not to. :)

I know him since the end of may. We still have contact, but only with sms. He has my emailadress, but he don't send me email and i don't know why. It should be more easier to have contact, what can we always say in sms?

#16 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 01:06 PM

Very amusing article and very true. I am lucky to be with a townie version of the CM.
A :)

#17 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 October 2005 - 04:24 PM

I know him since the end of may. We still have contact, but only with sms. He has my emailadress, but he don't send me email and i don't know why. It should be more easier to have contact, what can we always say in sms?

You might be interested to know that I have the same problem. only contact via sms. He can send loads of messages one day then none for days with no reason why, and then back to several each day!! Who knows how the mind of the greek man works?? They are certainly very different with the way they are :) I dont think you are alone at all. We shouls start a new question for people who may have similar problems :) We can exchange advice!

#18 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:11 AM

Hi there

I have lived in Rethymno with my Greek partner for 11 years and I have been working in bars with many Greek "camakis". I have seen the way some of these lads operate and a lot of times I didnt find it amusing.

If your boyfriends are genuine, find out from them if now that the season has finished it would be OK for you to visit them. If they agree, try to come over for a week, BUT, make sure that you have accomodation, enough money to keep you for the week and your airfare home. I dont know the two men in question and they probably are nice people. If they have wives/girlfriends and are just leading you on it would be harder for them to have you here now that the season has finished and there are no tourists about. If they agree to you coming over then you will know that they are serious and they want to see you, if not.....at least you will know your situation a bit more clearly and be able to get on with your life.

BE WARNED though, coming to Crete in the winter on your own (if things dont work out) is not the same as the summer when there are a lot of other tourists around, but you never know you could have a nice time with your new boyfriend.

I hope you find this helpful because I know that this holiday romance thing can be very difficult. Let us know what happens.

Anne

#19 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 10:40 AM

Anne,
this is a clever one! I am afraid many greek summer lovers will hate you for this tip...
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#20 Anne

Anne

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:53 AM

Probably Yannis, but us girls gotta stick together :P

Please dont "warn" me for the smilie :(

Anne