45 replies to this topic

#21 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 02:48 AM

No I dont think it was a romance at all, flirty yes, more along the lines of someone to chat to while my friend went off and did the romancing and I waited for her. Still speak to him though, nice man but "a bit of a lad" I would say. must have a different romantic interest every week judging by some of the things he said :)
what do your friends do? No romance for you ? nudge nudge wink wink :D

#22 Nick

Nick

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:19 AM

Charming!! we have another saying in this country. There are only 2 sure things in life. The answer can be either Death and taxes, or the slightly more popular: death and nurses!!! All very true as far as I know!!

:)

#23 Guest_clare_*

Guest_clare_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:08 PM

No I dont think it was a romance at all, flirty yes, more along the lines of someone to chat to while my friend went off and did the romancing and I waited for her. Still speak to him though, nice man but "a bit of a lad" I would say. must have a different romantic interest every week judging by some of the things he said :unsure:
what do your friends do? No romance for you ? nudge nudge wink wink :)

Aw Emma, it sounds like it has the potential to go further if ya keep in contact with him, who knows...even if he does have a different lady each week - they all do I'd say! Yeah, I met a Greek guy last year and we met up again this year....don't recommend it - heartbreak hotel!! Where did ya meet him....in a club in Herson or Koutouloufari...c'mon fill us in ha!! ;) :P

#24 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:45 PM

Aw Emma, it sounds like it has the potential to go further if ya keep in contact with him, who knows...even if he does have a different lady each week - they all do I'd say! Yeah, I met a Greek guy last year and we met up again this year....don't recommend it - heartbreak hotel!! Where did ya meet him....in a club in Herson or Koutouloufari...c'mon fill us in ha!! :) ;)

met him in koutouloufari. you? hope its not the same guy, my guess is it might be :unsure:

#25 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:50 PM

works in galini! to be honest just friendly with him, and you where did you meet your greek man?

#26 Guest_clare_*

Guest_clare_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:12 PM

works in galini! to be honest just friendly with him, and you where did you meet your greek man?

haha...no need to worry Emma...def not the same guy - I met him in Hersonissos! However, I bet I can guess which guy from Galini ur talking about....wouldn't happen to be Christos by any chance?? He's the most charming staff member there! :unsure:

#27 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:49 PM

how on earth did you guess ;) I am shocked!! :unsure: So tell me about your guy? my friend was very "friendly" indeed with Manos :) he is defo not my type!!!

#28 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 11:51 PM

cant believe I forgot to log on again!!! Not my computer, Im at work :unsure:

#29 Guest_Clare_*

Guest_Clare_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:51 PM

cant believe I forgot to log on again!!! Not my computer, Im at work :unsure:

I knew it....small world or what?!
Yeah, I'd say ur analysis was spot on...a bit of a ladies man I reckon or at least that's the impression he gave....he was 'overly' friendly with us lets just say, but a pretty nice guy - bit old tho! Do you like him? I can def see how ya could fall for him....he told me his life story one night....apparently divorced and lives with his daughter as far as I can remember. So has he phoned u or u not in contact still with him? Exciting stuff...fill me in! I have some cool pics of Christos with us past 2 yrs...the small guy who works there also (Michael I think) is so cool! Who's Manos? Yeah, my guy is gorgeous - crazy about him but he lives in Crete and I don't....so pretty pointless...2 summers returning home heartbroken is no fun but c'est la vie! :)

#30 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:54 PM

I knew it....small world or what?!
Yeah, I'd say ur analysis was spot on...a bit of a ladies man I reckon or at least that's the impression he gave....he was 'overly' friendly with us lets just say, but a pretty nice guy - bit old tho! Do you like him? I can def see how ya could fall for him....he told me his life story one night....apparently divorced and lives with his daughter as far as I can remember. So has he phoned u or u not in contact still with him? Exciting stuff...fill me in! I have some cool pics of Christos with us past 2 yrs...the small guy who works there also (Michael I think) is so cool! Who's Manos? Yeah, my guy is gorgeous - crazy about him but he lives in Crete and I don't....so pretty pointless...2 summers returning home heartbroken is no fun but c'est la vie! :unsure:

yes most days via text etc... manos is the little fat guy with the flower behind his ear bout the same age as christos. dont know who michael is. if you PM me Ill give you my email and we can swap piccies maybe.
he is a bit older than me....13 years!!! oh well

are you still in contact with the gorgeous guy then ??

#31 Guest_clare_*

Guest_clare_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:46 PM

yes most days via text etc... manos is the little fat guy with the flower behind his ear bout the same age as christos. dont know who michael is. if you PM me Ill give you my email and we can swap piccies maybe.
he is a bit older than me....13 years!!! oh well

are you still in contact with the gorgeous guy then ??

Wow, that's pretty cool that you're in contact via text most days....he must be well interested in u! Is he gonna come and visit ya during the winter? Maybe you've reformed him! So ya must've snogged him at least when u were there if you're still in contact? Yeah Manos is the guy I mean...thought he was called Michael - yeah I've lotsa pics of him...he's hillarious, but don't understand how on earth ur friend could find him remotely attractive?! :unsure: Think he's a teacher during winter time is that right? :)

#32 Guest_clare_*

Guest_clare_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:48 PM

oh and yeah....I'm still in contact with Greek guy....but not every day like u....just every week or two now via email...not much point really at this stage - too far, gotta move on! :unsure:

#33 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 12:31 AM

i know what you mean about moving on though! not realistic is it to expect much? especially from an older divorcee with a teenage daughter!!! My friend does now wonder what she was doing at the time. The wine and raki I think had an influence :) yes he is a teacher during school time. when we were there he was doing both jobs!! think he lives in heraklion so he must have been pretty exhausted that time of year. he was hilarious though, made a fool of me by dancing me round the bloody restaurant on our first night :unsure: i feel like we a providing a soap opera here for other members and guests ;) oh well its nice to speak to someone bout hols.

#34 Guest_clare_*

Guest_clare_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:22 PM

i know what you mean about moving on though! not realistic is it to expect much? especially from an older divorcee with a teenage daughter!!! My friend does now wonder what she was doing at the time. The wine and raki I think had an influence :) yes he is a teacher during school time. when we were there he was doing both jobs!! think he lives in heraklion so he must have been pretty exhausted that time of year. he was hilarious though, made a fool of me by dancing me round the bloody restaurant on our first night :) i feel like we a providing a soap opera here for other members and guests :) oh well its nice to speak to someone bout hols.

Oh well, hopefully makes for interesting reading as opposed to the usual boring holiday issues! :)
I wouldn't just dismiss poor Cristos due to his age/marital status....he's a nice friendly guy, and even tho he lives in Crete, who knows what could happen - especially as he's still texting u.....that's gotta count for something.....out of all the ladies he has met there this yr and other years - ur the one he's chosen to keep contacting, that kinda proves he does really like u! Did u not get a chance to go out with him alone even for a drink to see how u got along? Altho i do know he works pretty late in there. I reckon u should just go with the flow, see what happens....enjoy the excitement for the mo anyway, after all he is an attractive older guy in my opinion! ;)

#35 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2005 - 06:03 PM

who knows clare! as for meeting him this year, we did have the opportunity for a drink etc.... I have no idea what will happen will have to wait and see next May! There are now 4 of us going next year so if I do get to spend time with him I wont have to feel guilty about leaving my friend again like I did a coupl;e of times this year He did say when I was there he was not interested in having girlfriends until his daughter is 16, which I think is a couple of years away! Did you ever go to Patrikos near Piskopiano, there was a very nice guy in there who was one of the owners, gorgeous blue eyes :) Same as you though I am worried about how I will feel next year after coming back, found it very difficult this year, dont know if I want to do that again, as you said heartbreak hotel :)

#36 Guest_clare_*

Guest_clare_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:24 PM

who knows clare! as for meeting him this year, we did have the opportunity for a drink etc.... I have no idea what will happen will have to wait and see next May! There are now 4 of us going next year so if I do get to spend time with him I wont have to feel guilty about leaving my friend again like I did a coupl;e of times this year He did say when I was there he was not interested in having girlfriends until his daughter is 16, which I think is a couple of years away! Did you ever go to Patrikos near Piskopiano, there was a very nice guy in there who was one of the owners, gorgeous blue eyes :) Same as you though I am worried about how I will feel next year after coming back, found it very difficult this year, dont know if I want to do that again, as you said heartbreak hotel :)

Yeah I know the feeling....bad enough returning from hols but worse when ur leaving behind someone - was awful for me this year, swore I'd never do it again! Better that a group of u are going, as it's difficult when there's just two of u and u've met someone. Just keep in touch with him and see what develops next year when u arrive there - maybe you'll end up staying there for the summer! Never been to Patrikos.

#37 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:00 PM

I will have to see how I feel. He is not speaking to me at the moment for some reason, he does this every so often for reasons unknown to me and obviously very important to him!! Who knows! Does anyone out there know why Greek men can be so moody over something small and then just carry on as if nothing has happened a few days later?? Maybe its just Christos :) Anyway Clare, I might not have to worry how I will feel after next year if he doesnt speak to me again!!

#38 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:33 PM

Emma, just an advice to help you with answering messages:
If you use the ''REPLY button, then the previous message is quoted in your reply. To avoid this you may use the ADDREPLY button which is one row lower or the FASTREPLY window which is lower than the last button.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#39 emily

emily

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 12:47 PM

thanks yannis, again for your advice :)

#40 Guest_Clare_*

Guest_Clare_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 October 2005 - 06:36 PM

I will have to see how I feel. He is not speaking to me at the moment for some reason, he does this every so often for reasons unknown to me and obviously very important to him!! Who knows! Does anyone out there know why Greek men can be so moody over something small and then just carry on as if nothing has happened a few days later?? Maybe its just Christos :) Anyway Clare, I might not have to worry how I will feel after next year if he doesnt speak to me again!!

No Emma....let me assure u that it's not just Christos....my man's the same!! That's another reason I couldn't be bothered - i prefer men who say exactly what's up or what they're thinking - hate mind-reading! Did u have a disagreement on the fon or anything? Just text him and ask him directly what the problem is?! Know the feeling - it's head-melting stuff!! :)