No replies to this topic

#1 comstat

comstat

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 06:17 PM

I am the Crete Gazette's "ON-LINE" columnist and I am compiling information about broadband* services in Crete, to be published in November's edition onwards.

There are a few angles to approach this from, one of which is direct from the grass roots. I would be grateful for feedback anyone can contribute in any of these ways:

- if you have broadband, please let me know the town you are in and the (tel) area code,
- if you have broadband, what bandwidth level you use,
- if you know your exchange is about to be enabled, please let me know the town, area code, and the date, if known.

Even if you are in a well publicised ADSL area, I would still like to hear from you. I will welcome answers by this forum's private message system, and you can also email me at [email protected] Confidentiality is assured.

I will update this thread periodically and by the end of the month I will provide a link to our results. In the meantime, if you have questions about broadband usage in the context of small business or residential use, I would be glad to hear from you. Prize questions will be published in my column's Q & A section. Thanks for your help...

*broadband - there are various broadband definitions. For the purposes of this work, the Crete Gazette will rely on OECD's defintion which defines broadband as a "technology providing downstream speed in excess of 256 Kbps and upstream access speed in excess of 128 Kbps". This EXCLUDES ISDN but importantly INCLUDES ADSL services that operate at less than 1Mb/s (which would not qualify as broadband under many other standards).