54 replies to this topic

#41 Hana

Hana

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:16 PM

Hm...just failed in creating my album.. Tried to upload an image from my comp, was 113497 bytes big, 640 x 480 pix, but got this message:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:
You are not allowed to upload this type of image

Whats wrong? I didnt actually see how big the pix should be, is this too big?

:unsure:

#42 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 05:54 PM

Uffe,

I noticed that you are sticking your tongue out to me...That deserves an extra warning...

And how can we warn the webmaster??? :ph34r: (no sticking tongue, actually with this mask you can't even recognize me!.... or is it a Greek with traditional headcovering and a beard?????)

:)

#43 UffeS

UffeS

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:14 PM

Dinny, I think Yannis has a very bad today :)

And how can we warn the webmaster??? :ph34r: (no sticking tongue, actually with this mask you can't even recognize me!.... or is it a Greek with traditional headcovering and a beard?????)

#44 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

My dear friend Uffe,
I was surprised to read in the private message you sent me that you believed I was mad at you for using that smilie with its tongue out. I thought it was obvious that I was just teasing an old friend a bit more...
Anyway, I am sorry about the misunderstanding. Unfortunately, when human contact is limited to reading messages on a forum only, then it is easier for similar misunderstandings to happen. I remember similar case in the past, when messages were considered to be jokes by some visitors, but others found them offensive.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#45 UffeS

UffeS

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

Yannis, what a big relief for me (and maybe also for others on this board)! I thought you had really gone mad at me because you only used the Angry-icon :unsure: in your reply to me. Misunderstandings tend to happen very easy when communication over the net. Guess we have to be very careful using the smilies :) or add some explanations if there's a risk of misunderstanding. Anyway, I'm very happy that you're not angry at me!

All the best to you and thanks for your quick reply to this Yannis!

Uffe

#46 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 07:31 PM

Hm...just failed in creating my album.. Tried to upload an image from my comp, was 113497 bytes big, 640 x 480 pix, but got this message:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:
You are not allowed to upload this type of image

Whats wrong? I didnt actually see how big the pix should be, is this too big?

Hana,

you should have no problem up to 500KB, so it is not a matter of image size. Besides, the message you got says that "You are not allowed to upload this type of image", so it is an file type problem. Image files which can be used are jpg and gif. Anything else should not be used.

Please check the image file you wanted to upoload ad let me know by PM if this is the case.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#47 Hana

Hana

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 05:24 PM

Hana,

you should have no problem up to 500KB, so it is not a matter of image size. Besides, the message you got says that "You are not allowed to upload this type of image", so it is an file type problem. Image files which can be used are jpg and gif. Anything else should not be used.

Please check the image file you wanted to upoload ad let me know by PM if this is the case.

Brilliant. Well, something changed, I dont know what :) I tried again, the same process. Its a JPEG. This time it worked fine so I have my first image there and will add others when I have more time. Ta Yanni for giving us albums :) :) :)

#48 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 13 October 2005 - 10:48 PM

I am glad it worked for you. It looks like you hav chosen "private" for your album, but the correct setting is "public". Private means that only a closed group of people will be able to view the photos.

I have already changed that myself. No need for you to do somehing about it.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#49 Hana

Hana

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 06:42 PM

Yanni, the reason for that was that I wanted to give myself time to work out how to use the albums properly and upload more pictures and write their texts before I show them to others.. Dont have time to do it all in one go on the public comp.. Am I allowed bit of privacy pleeeeeeeeeeeeeze? :) fenk u

#50 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 03:31 AM

If this is the case, then set it to private again, although I am looking for the way to disable private albums completely.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#51 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:57 PM

I've noticed a couple of times when I've been in here the "view new posts" button brings you to an error message, stating:

"Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:
Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. Try again and broaden your search criteria. If you were searching for new posts since your last visit, it's possible that there are none to show."

This happens even though there are several new posts to view. Has anyone else had this problem?
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#52 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:49 PM

It has never happened to me. If I am logged in and I click on the "View New Posts" link, then I get a list of the new posts.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#53 Birgit

Birgit

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 October 2005 - 04:17 PM

Hi Tinks,

I have got the same error message. I THINK (!!) it was because I started by viewing the "newest of the newest" postings. Going to a posting newer that the newest is of course not logical ...

Just an idea about what that error message could mean ...

Regards,
Birgit

#54 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

The whole thing's totally top. I've been away and then catching up with work, so this is the first time I've logged in in 3 weeks. Do i have to re-register?

#55 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 07:17 AM

no, you just have to log in again.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster