54 replies to this topic

#21 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 06:41 AM

Hi Dave,
I am sure there are more people who try to access the old forum. That is because they have chosen to ignore the main ExploreCrete site. Harry Bob must be one of them because we haven't seen him here since the forum change.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#22 Hana

Hana

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:26 PM

<_<

Hi everybody in our new forum! Well done Yanni, it looks great and Im looking forward to using the new features. Quite enjoyed losing my avatar and getting a new one :unsure:

#23 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

The object in Hana's avatar is a "kalitsouni", a traditional Cretan sweet with soft white cheese (mizithra).
Should Hana be renamed to Hana-Kalitsouni?
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#24 daveg

daveg

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 03:51 PM

Hi again Yannis
actually I still carry links to both your home page and your forum.
If you want me to remove the seperate "forum link" so people have to go through the homepage I will do so? Let me know either here or at my site.
Best wishes
DaveG

ps.Little glich with forum today clicked "reply" and kept getting "quote" ?
I suppose you expect some minor niggles with any new programme :unsure:

#25 Tim

Tim

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 721 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:52 PM

Me too Dave- but have arrived at last
Tim

Ha Janni!
So thats where you have been hiding! Nice clean looking board.
But I only found it by going through your home page I've been getting the message "this board is currently unavailable" every time i tried to get in <_<
I will amend my links page shortly. But it might be an idea to let all the webmasters know that the url has changed :)
Best wishes
DaveG

www.That other site I can't mention :unsure: .com

#26 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:53 PM

Dave,
thanks for having 2 links on your site. Of course you can keep both of them :-)

For the "quote" problem: There are 3 available ways and buttons to reply to a message. First there is the [ " REPLY] button next to [delete][edit][quote] which replies to a message but also quotes the message.
There are 2 more buttons lower than the previous one:
[fastreply] and [add reply]. These are the ones you want.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#27 UffeS

UffeS

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

Yannis, sorry to bother you again, but I thought you might be interested in an error message I got from the board while viewing my own pictures (recently uploaded) in the "Photostrip for Views from Crete" view. I was not logged in with my name while viewing them, just wanted to test in that state.
Once instead of showing me the proper thumbnail picture, it showed the following error message: "You have reached your bandwidth limit and can not view this image". But when I reloaded the thumbnails were shown correctly. Could possibly be some incompatibility with the Firefox browser I'm using. Anyway, wanted to let you know about it :unsure:

Uffe

#28 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 October 2005 - 10:57 AM

Wow Yannis, this is one kooool site, well done.......... I'm busy exploring all the links and what i can do or get away with ha,ha,ha,ha,.
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.

#29 mani

mani

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 09:59 AM

yannis

thanks for e-mail

hello everyone on our new forum, what more can i say everybody has beaten me to it

ian

#30 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 01:08 PM

Wow look what happens whilst I am away - an internet cafe is not the place to sit and explore all the new functions - something to do when I am back home and missing Crete.

Our visitors have all gone back to the UK now so we are relaxing in the sun for a few more days then we will start walking. We have had some good "adventures" and once I learn how to Blogg I will share them.

Meanwhile back to the beach he he he :unsure:

Yvonne
Kritsa Yvonne

#31 gunnar

gunnar

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 10:08 AM

Hi all.

The new site looks fantastic, good job Yannis

#32 Hana

Hana

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

Yannis, sorry to bother you again, but I thought you might be interested in an error message I got from the board while viewing my own pictures (recently uploaded) in the "Photostrip for Views from Crete" view. I was not logged in with my name while viewing them, just wanted to test in that state.
Once instead of showing me the proper thumbnail picture, it showed the following error message: "You have reached your bandwidth limit and can not view this image". But when I reloaded the thumbnails were shown correctly. Could possibly be some incompatibility with the Firefox browser I'm using. Anyway, wanted to let you know about it :unsure:

Uffe

Uffe, I had the same problem , and the solution was the same. It took several reloading though and if I hadn’t read your post I wouldn’t know what to do and missed those pix. Anybody know what might be the cause? I had it on 2 different comps, 1 Mac and 1 PC, but I don’t know which browsers they were using.

#33 UffeS

UffeS

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:56 PM

Hi Hana :) To me it looks like the problem is that you have to be logged in here with your username & password in order to view the pics. If you're not logged in, that is as a Guest user, you can't see the pics. Might just be another "feature" with this new message board engine, not sure :unsure:
Yannis might have some comments to this...

Uffe, I had the same problem , and the solution was the same. It took several reloading though and if I hadn’t read your post I wouldn’t know what to do and missed those pix. Anybody know what might be the cause? I had it on 2 different comps, 1 Mac and 1 PC, but I don’t know which browsers they were using.

#34 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 04:56 PM

I haven't noticed this error but it could be a bug that will be fixed in a future update. I am logged in most of the times and I have used both Firefox and I.E without any problems. I will do some tests as a guest to see if I get the same error.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#35 UffeS

UffeS

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 October 2005 - 05:00 PM

Hi Yannis, I just discovered this line under my name:

Warn: (http://java%20script:%20PopUp%28%) Posted Image

What does that mean? Thank God it's still 0%, so I guess there are no warnings yet on my account :unsure: :)

Uffe

#36 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 06:24 AM

Well, your warning level is 10% now. Why? Because it took you 11 days to notice this feature... :unsure:

I am just joking of course, but I thought it was a good chance to show how it works. A moderator can send warnings to members who have been...naughty. A moderator can also take extra measures if needed, for example approve every message posted by the specific user for a certain period. If things get real bad, then the moderator can even ban a member but that will happen in extreme cases only.

If the member clicks on his warning percentage, then he/she gets a list with all warnings and the reason for them.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#37 DaveW.

DaveW.

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 08:42 AM

Nice one Yannis.
I do like the idea of the warnings. Like some others I did experience difficuly in getting onto the new site but this has been resolved(obviously), and am now slowly finding my way around and enjoying every minute of it. Look forward to seeing more of your ideas. Especially like your input in the Gazette.
If you look like your passport picture....you probably need the holiday!

#38 UffeS

UffeS

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 03:40 PM

:) I see Yannis, didn't know I've been that naughty!?

I would feel a lot more happy if you removed that silly warning from my account so that it decreases to 0% again :unsure:

Uffe

#39 Tinks

Tinks

Crete Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:06 PM

A forum version of making someone sit on the "naughty step".

I like it... *giggle*
Curiouser and curiouser.....

#40 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 12 October 2005 - 04:09 PM

Uffe,

I noticed that you are sticking your tongue out to me...That deserves an extra warning...

:unsure:
Yannis Samatas
webmaster