7 replies to this topic

#1 Rankin

Rankin

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:54 PM

Hi there, Can anyone help us with details of a wedding co-ordinator/ planners in East/ Central Crete, or someone based in Ireland who can help? Want to get married Sept 06, will be visiting the area in a few weeks.

Have emailed Caroline after reading or article. :lol:

#2 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:39 PM

Well, it seems to me as if you've just lost the wedding by a week? :lol:

#3 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2005 - 04:43 PM

Sept 06 - as in Sept 2006 is when i want to get married!!!!! :lol:

#4 christa

christa

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:11 AM

hi rankin

congratulations to your plan getting married on crete... :-)

as i know there are 3 agencies which arrange weddings :

in the east:

LINK REMOVED - READ FORUM GUIDELINES

in agia galini:

and - its not ireland *sorry* but:

good luck und maybee we can see some pictures next year??? :-)

christa

#5 Guest_Julie_*

Guest_Julie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:02 PM

Yannis, once more I'm going to query your "no links" policy, or at least the rigidity with which it's applied. Someone asked a simple question about the whereabouts of wedding co-ordinators. Someone else knew the answer, and posted three links. You've removed, them, so now the person who wanted the information hasn't got it.

I cannot see the point of this. The requesting and giving of information like this seems to me to be a valid use of a forum like this one - indeed one of its principal uses.

I understand why you have the policy, and think it is a good policy for the most part. Of course you don't want people taking advantage of your site to advertise their wares or their services. But one individual giving information to another individual isn't the same as advertising, nor is it free-loading. Some discretion could surely be used in cases like this one.

It would be easy enough to tell Rankin of the other forum on which s/he could obtain the information, but I suspect you would take a dim view of that, so I won't.

Please think about it.

#6 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:00 PM

Julie,
I respect your view but the no-links-to-commercial-sites rule has been discussed before extensively, so there is no need to start all over again.
Today there are excellent toos for finding any kind of information on Internet and the best of them is Google: www.google.com
A search in Google for "weddings in Crete" will return 243,000 relevant results. I think that is more than enough.
However, if you need to discuss further the guidelines of this forum, then please email me directly.
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#7 Guest_Julie_*

Guest_Julie_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:58 PM

No, that's ok Yannis: you're the boss. I probably shouldn't have said anything, because I know how you feel about it, but the policy, so sternly applied, struck me as unfair to that poster. I know google well, and use it all the time, but if I were looking for a wedding co-ordinator I would find three recommendations from someone who knows, on a website I trusted, than 243,000 google hits.

All the best,

Julie

#8 Guest_blackmore_*

Guest_blackmore_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:14 PM

For east Crete try simplycreteholidays a co based in the uk. Should be able to work the URL out from that without me actually putting it on as a link. Suggest that visitors getting the information they need is more important than policy.