#1 Gerli

Gerli

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

What's the average salary of Crete?
Where this ENISA exactly will be located?

#2 Lala

Lala

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 01:56 PM

I would think that might depend on what kind of work you do.
Kitchen work never pays very much, but waiting tables you can get more from tips, brain surgeons tend to earn a little more. Depends what job your going to do.

#3 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 03:22 PM

The average salary for untrained personnel is 600 EUR per month
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#4 Gerli

Gerli

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 04:47 PM

Thanks Yannis. I wasn't keeping in mind any specific job or profession, just wanted to know how much an average local family or a person has money per month to spend. And I understand it's defenitely less than 1000 EUR (or less 2000 EUR per family/household).

#5 daveg

daveg

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:30 PM

Have to agree with Yannis
I know someone who works in a shop in Heraklion 6 days a week for exactly 600E +IKA
Just to add to that the "normal" pay for unskilled/labouring jobs is about 4Euro's an hour. IKA? unlikely unless your Employer has a big company.
Summer tourist type jobs sound better maybe 900-1000E a month [7days a week though :? ] until you break it down to its hourly rate and they normally are close to 4E an hour too! But at least in that industry the authorities check up on them more often so IKA should be paid ok,
Although it still happens that you can get a rogue boss and I've heard of several people being owed lots of money when the season finishes only for "The Boss" to have dissapered
DaveG

#6 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:51 AM

Just recently saw a programme on Channel 4 over here regarding a couple who moved to Vrohous and they were paying a local builder 30 euros an hour ????. when i worked in Hersonnisos back in 2001 i was only getting 15 a day(for 6 days) but i could live on it, rent was 50 a month for my apartment and i bought drinks and food from the supermarkets.
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.