• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 05:40 PM

As my friend Dinny has reported, there is a portal with many greek stations listed: http://www.e-radio.gr
A good suggestion for music from Crete is Kritikos FM. Check the right column and look for "Crete".
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#2 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 06:38 PM

And this url takes you to www.media.net.gr/hania.htm
Kritikorama is a broadcaster in Chania.

Is this not an advert, Dinny? :unsure:
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#3 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:39 PM

And this url takes you to www.media.net.gr/hania.htm
Kritikorama is a broadcaster in Chania.

Is this not an advert, Dinny? <_<

He! As you might know, links often change into something else, at the time - August last year - the page looked different, with a lot of various links to all kinds of radio/TV stations in Greece.

If Yannis wants to cancel the link, he is welcome to do so. I have no business with the Kritikorama station in Chania and couldn't care less. But at the time I liked the multiple choices of radio stations on the site. Now that I use a modem instead of ADSL (still waiting for the last 15 km of cable to arrive in Pitsidia!!!) I don't listen to radio on the internet. I prefer to hear the birds singing on my terrace! :)

#4 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 03:21 PM

Thanks Din,

For your comprehensive explanation.
Where do you listen to after sunset? Komo beach is too far away to hear the sea murmur <_<

I understand this misery with the cables. Crete could be better off with wireless internet access systems.
One small unit could easily cover the whole area where you live, and some more the whole of Crete.
Yeah, but try that to tell the marines.. :)

Do you know Agia Fotia Mia?
True is that adage: "He who yields to rule by wooden heads, becomes himself a fool."

#5 martinifk

martinifk

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

I like to listen at Astrio radio from Rethymno but right now I listen at Radio Kriti.

Crete_best (I`m 15 years old and live in Sweden)

#6 Wim

Wim

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

For those members who are really into Rebetika (Rebetika were the songs of the Greek underworld, sung by the so-called rebetes (Greek: ). Rebetes were unconventional people who lived outside the social order. They first appeared after the Greek War of Independence of 1821.) there is this radio station on Radio Live 365 called "Rebetika from Greece". They broadcast live from Thessaloniki.

Have fun with your goose pimples B)

#7 Henry Hooray

Henry Hooray

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 11:15 AM

Further to Wim's mentioning of rebetika (I've called it 'rembetika' Yannis?): an absolutely excellent trio called Andromeda performs in the Third Eye in Paleochora weekly during the season, I think it's moved from Friday to Saturday evening. This makes for a fantastic night out, and I cannot recommend it too highly. I just hope they'll still be there two weeks today (countdown has commenced).

On the subject of on-line Greek radio, an old favourite of mine is http://radio.grecian.net/, which is actually all Cretan. I'm listening to 'Studio A' as I'm writing this, and it's really getting me in the mood!

Henry.

#8 yannis_s

yannis_s

Crete Explorer

• Administrator
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 12:16 AM

Another radio station from Crete broadcasting on Internet is Erotokritos http://www.erotokritos.gr/

For those of you who may experience connection problems, here is a 2 hours recording from the above radio station. Click here to download it (file size = 20MB).
Yannis Samatas
webmaster

#9 santo

santo

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 10:23 AM

Yannis with the UK suffering a large amount of rain at the moment I've linked into the web station and It's now brightened up my day. thanks :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Santo

It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.