5 replies to this topic

#1 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 06:38 PM

I was curious if anyone on this forum was familiar with Chora Sfakion, and if so, would they by any chance be able to tell me the name of a restaurant I went to while there? The restaurant was the first (easternmost) on the main strip along the water, next to the minimarket/cafe. (it could be the second, but quite sure it was the first) I have searched online and looked at maps of Chora Sfakion, but it is still difficult to tell. It was either Delfini, Ombrosgialos, or Nikos' I believe, but am unsure. I suppose I should've paid more attention while I was there, but I am writing a journal and putting together an album and would like to be able to say which taverna it was, and besides that its just driving me crazy. If anyone lives in town and might know my servers were Manousos (a permanent resident from Mouri) and Vangelis. Thanks.

#2 Dinny

Dinny

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Well, since Ombrogialos and Delfini are quite a bit apart and Niko's seems to be the minimarket.... can't you figure it out on the map I've sent you in PM?

#3 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:50 AM

oh, I hadn't noticed the message. But, actually that is one of two different town maps I looked at. From this map it looks to be #18 the Samaria restaurant, but I looked Samaria up online and it doesn't seem to be the place. So, I figured maybe #20 because thats Niko's and Ombrosgialos restaurants (nothing online), not sure because it was right on the water (seating) and would seem to be one of 12-18, oh well. Thanks for the map though. I've been searching online to find the place, but haven't had luck yet.

#4 christa

christa

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:40 PM

hi angela

try to ask in the sfakia message board...

http://www.sfakia-cr...board/index.cgi

the people there know chora sfakion very well.

hope that is is o.k. for the webmaster with this link :wink:

kind regards

christa

#5 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 05:39 PM

thanks for the link, have posted. Didn't see the message board before, it will be another place for me to have fun reading about Crete, as there is not too much info on Sfakia in particular here.

#6 Angela

Angela

Traveler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:55 PM

That website was very helpful and I think I found definitivly the restaurant. There was much speculation, but including the waiters names really helped, as someone was sure of the place once they saw the names.