Photo

Please help-are these items available to buy in Crete??

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Toni

Toni

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:51 PM

Hi,a friend of mine will be travelling to Crete soon with her young children and needs to save space in those suitcases but is worried that she will not be able to get these things there,can anyone help please? They are HUGGIES NAPPIES and COW & GATE FORMULA BABY MILK, she is staying in RETHYMNON in Creta Star (Scaletta Beach area) so if anyone can tell us of any local supermarkets stocking these items it would save her a lot of hassle and room , any information would be very gratefully received,thanks,regards,Toni. :D

#2 Kritsa Yvonne

Kritsa Yvonne

Crete Explorer

• Moderators
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:48 AM

Hi

Whilst I havent ever needed to shop for baby items I dont think you should worry just take enough for the first few days and you will soon be amazed by just how many shops/supermarkets there are all selling products with very familiar labels as well as Greek ones.

Last year my sister who is on a strict diet to reduce cholesterol came to stay with me in Kritsa and bought a full range of Benacol products only to find they were all available in the local store. (Mind you with the local Cretan diet being such a good role model for healthy living they were hardly needed!!)

I have noticed how welcomed people with children are so I am sure you will have a great time. :D

Yvonne

#3 Toni

Toni

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 03:02 PM

Hi Yvonne, thanks for your reply,I shall pass this info onto my friend. I too noticed many familiar brands when I was in Crete last October but unfortunately not the specific ones she asked about , unfortunately I was unable to visit again this year but have already booked for next year and I certainly won't be taking all the stuff that I packed last time as I now know that most things especially branded toiletries are widely available, thanks again and kind regards , Toni :D