Platanias

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Maika_*

Guest_Maika_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

Hi!

Me and my family are travelling from Norway to Crete next month.
And I'm looking forward to it :)

We are staying at/in Platanias and I wondered if anyone could recommend me something to do while we are there. Beach all day in 2 weeks may be boring.

All kind of "attractions", I welcome, since we are 4 adults, 4 children and 1 baby.

Thank you! :wink:

#2 harribobs

harribobs

Crete Explorer

• Club Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:03 PM

Platanias is a very busy resort stretched out along the main road, it will be very easy for you to hop on a bus and get into Chania for a days exploring and shopping

doing a search on the explorecrete main section will give you a few more ideas as well

enjoy yourselves!

#3 sigurdurhamar

sigurdurhamar

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 02:45 AM

Hi, I just got back from Crete after a 3 week holiday and there is a lot to do for you and your family in 2 weeks, I wanted to stay for 4 weeks like I did last summer but my wife said no, just 3 weeks this year.
You can go to the waterpark and Luna Park tivoli and there is a Circus in Chania, don´t forget to go to the top of the Old town of Platanias, great view over Platanias, Ag.Marina and Stalos. Rent a car and drive around,
go to Stavros were Zorba the Greek movie was filmed, Vamos old town is wery charming, Rethimno you must visit, Knossos and all the litle beautiful towns inland Crete. You dont have to go far from Platanias to get away from all the tourists, Tavronitis beach is ca. 5 min drive from Platanias quiet litle town with no tourists. I hope you have a nice holiday in beautiful Crete like I did.
Sigurdur Hamar
Reykjavik
Island