Help on transport info!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Joe30_*

Guest_Joe30_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:49 AM

A few questions that I hope someone can help me out with ...

I'm flying in to Chania on the 18th of june, landing around 8 in the evening.
I need to get to Santorini within 24 hours and thus I wonder;

Is this really possible?

Are there ferries to Santorini from Chania? (I have heard that there are a limited number of departures/month?) ...

If not, the solution would be to stay overnight somewhere in Chania, get an early morning bus to Heraklion and from there get an afternoon ferry to Santorini.

I wonder if this is possible and how long the ferries take to Santorini and what times they departure. Is flying from Chania or Heraklion to Santorini an option? (sounds expensive though) ...

Does the bus companies and port authorities/ferry companies have an online service with departure times, costs etc?

If the solution would be to stay overnight in Chania (which I guess it will), I would appreciate if anyone could give me info on a cheap hotel in a safe, convenient area (close to bus station?) ...

I'm flying from Madeira Island (Portugal) 1 day before I land on Crete so if you happen to live in Chania and can offer a 30 yo honest traveller a floor to sleep on, then there's a 10 year old bottle of dry Madeira wine waiting for you :)

Any help on this is very much appreciated. Thanks!

// Joe

#2 Guest_Joe30_*

Guest_Joe30_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2005 - 01:53 AM

Guess I should've posted that one in the General forum but ... :roll: